Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Why do you HATE __________?

I hate the Eagles because I'm a Giants fan. Growing up they always seemed to own us. Also, it's really frustrating to watch QBs scramble for first downs against your team, and Cunningham and McNabb have just killed the Giants with that over the years.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate any player who holds out so he can renegotiate his contract. I will change my mind when a player steps forward in the last two years of his contract and says, "I suck", and I'd like to negotiate a pay-cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold-outs are a legitimate negotiating tactic -- players forfeit salary, endure fines, and damage their overall market value during a holdout. They put a lot on the line to do it.

No player ever has to volunteer to take a pay cut because he sucks -- if he sucks, then the team will just tell him he has to take a pay cut or they'll release him.

And, just to stir the [censored] a little bit: this is an over-simplification, but the NFL takes in billions of dollars that's split more-or-less down the middle between 32 white owners and 2000 mostly black players . . . and whenever there's a dispute over compensation, the fans side with the white billionares over the black millionares, without fail. I don't know, it really may have nothing to do with race, but I think it's suspicious.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:27 PM

Ohio State and the Yankees. If you don't hate either of these teams, it's because you're a communist.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:27 PM

DUCK THE FODGERS!!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:32 PM

Varlos, people side with the owners because they hate the fact that atheletes are paid millions of dollars to play a game, and they think these guys should thank God they get the opportunity to do and take whatever contract is offered. Has nothing to do with race because it's also true in hockey where everyone is white.

Now, that said -

I loathe the Eagles and the Cowboys - division rivals of the Giants, and have been better than them on average over my almost 15 years of being a football fan.

I must say my hatred for the Red Sox has gone down in recent years, but in baseball they're still #1 enemy. I don't like the Angels but that's not quite hatred.

Hockey, the Rangers, Flyers, and Hurricanes - Rangers for Matteau and 1997, the Flyers for existing, and the Hurricanes because they were easily the luckiest Stanley Cup winner in the last 20 years and it isn't close - oh, and they beat the Devils last year.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, just to stir the [censored] a little bit: this is an over-simplification, but the NFL takes in billions of dollars that's split more-or-less down the middle between 32 white owners and 2000 mostly black players . . . and whenever there's a dispute over compensation, the fans side with the white billionares over the black millionares, without fail. I don't know, it really may have nothing to do with race, but I think it's suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who sides with the owners?? Nobody I know.
Maybe in baseball, where players are grossly overpaid, but certainly not in football.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:36 PM

The Minnesota Gophers. I was indifferent until I moved to the TwinCities, but after living here for a while and listening to the media and fans, I began to loathe them.

You will never have a stellar program here until you get rid of the Metrodome, and maybe not even then. It is freezing here. The campus sucks. The stadium sucks. The uniforms suck. Why the hell would a kid from Florida want to come here and freeze his ass off, when he could go to Michigan, Wisconsin or Ohio State and freeze his ass off, but WIN?!?!?! Wake the [censored] up.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who sides with the owners?? Nobody I know.
Maybe in baseball, where players are grossly overpaid, but certainly not in football.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you were with Terrell Owens and Javon Walker?
Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

baseball players are paid fairly.

it's football and basketball players who are being exploited by their respective leagues (i'm not joking)
Old 11-26-2006, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Varlos, people side with the owners because they hate the fact that atheletes are paid millions of dollars to play a game, and they think these guys should thank God they get the opportunity to do and take whatever contract is offered. Has nothing to do with race because it's also true in hockey where everyone is white.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you may be right. Of course, in my opinion, the players work a lot harder than the owners for a lot less money, and their skills are, on balance, much scarcer. In other words, the owners have more reason to thank god than the players.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Yankees: duh.. lol fairweather, unknowledgeable fanbase

[/ QUOTE ]

Yankees and Red Sox fans are two of the most (if not the most) knowledgeable fan bases in baseball. To think otherwise is to be severely dilusional.

Exp. I went to a Rockies game in Denver against the padres. The game was tied 1-1 in the top of the 9th and there was a dude on 3rd with 1 out. Khalil Greene hit a sac fly to give San Diego the lead and the fans actually cheered because they got an out.

In both New York and Boston the fans would be silent or booing.

When Soriano had 40SBs and 39HRs the fans were hangin on every at bat of his and gave him a standing O every time he got up because they knew what 40/40 meant including the fact that he was a 2Bman. This wouldn't happen in many cities.

These are just a few examples but I could go on and on.

If you think the Yankee fan base is vulgar, spastic, homers, smelly and ugly, you're not far from the truth. But to think we're unknowledgable is just to be a hater.