Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Post your \"surebets\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not being able to blow a crumpled piece of paper into a beer bottle

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of this one before, how does it work?

[/ QUOTE ]

the air being blown into the bottle has no where to go so the napkin/paper doesn't budge, (try blowing into a bottle, you'll get nodda)

this one works and is easy to set up for a "Who buy's next round" bet
Old 11-19-2006, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way dude ate 10 in less than a minute. This belongs in the why do people lie thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol OK dood, you got me I just don't know how.

Although I could have made up fanciful stories about having a bugatti or [censored]-loads of money or even promiscuous women at my beckoned call - I choose to take the safe route and fabricate a story about eating crackers because it seemed more plausible

10 whole saltine crackers - INCONCEIVABLE!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:26 AM

my next answer to your pending reply is POST YOUR MONEY

5K saltine yo?
Old 11-19-2006, 10:47 AM

Three old ones-but still work nicely.

1) Tell someone they suck at poker so bad that you will play them a hand of draw with the following rules. All the cards are face up, they can go last, after seeing what you dealt yourself. And not only will they not win, they will not even be able to tie you.
2) Offer this bet at the pool table: I'll give you ball in hand on the cue ball. You have to make the cue ball go at least 1 foot, and return exactly where it started, without hitting any rails. They get 3 tries, then you get 1 try.
3) This one requires some talent, however I have found that only about 1 in 10 can do this. Take a pack of cigarettes and stand it on it's edge so that the width of the pack is now the height. Pick up a pack of matches between your first and third fingers and place it on the top of the pack. The catch is that your middle finger must touch the tabletop at all times, move it and you lose.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Tell someone they suck at poker so bad that you will play them a hand of draw with the following rules. All the cards are face up, they can go last, after seeing what you dealt yourself. And not only will they not win, they will not even be able to tie you.
2) Offer this bet at the pool table: I'll give you ball in hand on the cue ball. You have to make the cue ball go at least 1 foot, and return exactly where it started, without hitting any rails. They get 3 tries, then you get 1 try.
3) This one requires some talent, however I have found that only about 1 in 10 can do this. Take a pack of cigarettes and stand it on it's edge so that the width of the pack is now the height. Pick up a pack of matches between your first and third fingers and place it on the top of the pack. The catch is that your middle finger must touch the tabletop at all times, move it and you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is worthless without explanations.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.
1) Deal yourself the 4 tens. Then he deals. Now throw away 3 of the tens and draw to any available straight flush.
2) After he fails, put the cue ball in your hand, toss it in the air at least a foot, and catch it.
3) Not much to explain, however you can tease them by showing them how easy it is to do <u>without</u> the pack of matches(it's real easy). But with the matches between the fingers, it' not.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.
1) Deal yourself the 4 tens. Then he deals. Now throw away 3 of the tens and draw to any available straight flush.
2) After he fails, put the cue ball in your hand, toss it in the air at least a foot, and catch it.
3) Not much to explain, however you can tease them by showing them how easy it is to do <u>without</u> the pack of matches(it's real easy). But with the matches between the fingers, it' not.

[/ QUOTE ]

color me confused sir
Old 11-19-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not being able to blow a crumpled piece of paper into a beer bottle

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of this one before, how does it work?

[/ QUOTE ]

the air being blown into the bottle has no where to go so the napkin/paper doesn't budge, (try blowing into a bottle, you'll get nodda)

this one works and is easy to set up for a "Who buy's next round" bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Use a dry beer bottle and crumple a small piece of paper into a ball (from a napkin or something.) Place the ball of paper on the lip of the bottle and hold the bottle horizontally. It's nearly impossible to blow it in (it gets blown out.) The best thing about this one is that people wanna keep trying it.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

color me confused sir

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with these is you have to get a total sucker. For MOST bets in this thread, actually. I guess the point is finding someone who's TOTALLY stupid and doesn't realize that anyone offering you these bets has a trick up their sleeve.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain 1 and 3 again?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.