Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Re: whats the point of the \"sack dance\"? and other ramblings of a madm

[ QUOTE ]
So let's say someone hits a big bucket at the end of a game. Or a player catches a huge TD to let's say win a big playoff game on the road. You expect the player to do nothing. I'd like to see that in any professional sport. I think the player would be heavily criticized. These games have ALOT of emotion and a lot of hard work goes into each game. I can't blame them for celebrating. Sacks and other things such as big TDs, I don't think I have a problem celebrating. These aren't routine things. Most players might get a couple a year and for the most part they are a big deal. Let them celebrate, get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmm, who are you replying too? if it is SBR...you may wish to seek a refund from that ivy league school.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:45 AM

Default Re: whats the point of the \"sack dance\"? and other ramblings of a madm

Quick reply. Stop being an a-hole. It's getting annoying.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do these guys do these stupid dances after sacking a qb, or dropping a rb in the backfield? wouldnt they be better off saving their energy for the game? it cant be to pump up the crowd, because they do it on the road as well.stupid.

how does TO have the balls to yell at anybody for screwing up when he keeps coming up small on easy plays?

why do these guys do these stupid endzone celebrations after a td? these are grown men acting like idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is this guy talking about? some players take it a bit too far, but comeon OP...
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 AM

Dick Butkus do a sack dance?
Ray Nitschke?
Joe Greene?
Alan Page?

Fred Biletnikoff do an endzone celebration?
Jim Brown?
Walter Payton?
Paul Warfield?

Ok, a different era.

But don't celebrate your great tackle when you have missed a half dozen already and are down 31-0 in the 2nd quarter.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop being an a-hole. It's getting annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
arguing with you is fruitless. you can't take anyones criticisms. i understand what your saying but this has been part of the game a long time. it's really not that big of a deal.

the point you were making earlier is that intelligent people care about this, I don't this anyone gives a crap about this e/c for you. i guess you are insane. go back to the puzzles board.

[/ QUOTE ]

hypocrite much?
Old 11-07-2006, 12:59 AM

I've said I've seen his points, but it's part of the game now. Read much? If he doesn't like it, stop watching NHL, NFL, MLB, Boxing, NBA, etc. etc. excessive celebration is part of the show. It's entertainment, this is just a new form of it. Noone says you have to watch the games, he is and he obviously can't stand a small part of the game.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So let's say someone hits a big bucket at the end of a game. Or a player catches a huge TD to let's say win a big playoff game on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]
you don’t see the difference between your example and a second quarter TD in week 8?

a bucket that wins a game? awesome, celebrate all you want, there is no next play to worry about.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:14 AM

I understand that TO does it in the middle of games and can be a distraction. It's him what do you want. The Giants players do the basket move after a good play. This is nothing new. What does it really worry you? It doesn't hurt the sport, it's slightly entertaining. I guess it really bothers you that they are having fun on the field and showing up the other team. That's sports nowadays especially WRs and Linebackers. They like to do these things to get themselves into the spotlight. Spotlight=money. It's pretty simple.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand that TO does it in the middle of games and can be a distraction. It's him what do you want. The Giants players do the basket move after a good play. This is nothing new. What does it really worry you? It doesn't hurt the sport, it's slightly entertaining. I guess it really bothers you that they are having fun on the field and showing up the other team. That's sports nowadays especially WRs and Linebackers. They like to do these things to get themselves into the spotlight. Spotlight=money. It's pretty simple.

[/ QUOTE ]
what really bothers me is that they are acting like idiots and making a joke of the game.
i guess it is more irritating because im more of a baseball guy and see less of this crap there. I mean, you rarely see a touchdown in baseball.
I agree with your money point and I think it’s the main reason they do this crap, but doesnt that money thing kinda make all the replies about them being emotional and trying to pump up the fans/team whatever, weak?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:15 PM

Stop watching.