Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 03:50 PM

Default Re: The Circuit over?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are in the minority

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe, but it would probably take more than four posters to convince me of that. ;-) There was actually a thread a while ago about Mike vs. Gavin, and it seemed like the people here were pretty split.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gavin is ten times better imo.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm a big fan of the circuit as well and hate to see it go.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2006, 04:23 PM

I'm gonna miss Donald Key as well.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:11 AM

Either the initial report was incorrect or Cardplayer changed their minds because cardplayer.com is saying that the Circuit's next show will be on December 14th from the WPT Five Diamond World Poker Classic...
Old 11-21-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10/25/06

Greetings Circuit Fans,

I am writing this letter/post/blog to inform the loyal listeners and fans of our radio show ..The Circuit.. that I am stepping down as the show..s host.

It has been an eventful year and a half with Card Player and the most fun that I had doing my job was when I was in the studio with Gavin, Joe, Danny and when he was around, Shronk. Performing our show for all of you was the pinnacle of my young career, and I just wanted to say thank you, and let you know the reasons for my leaving.

The reason for my leaving is fairly simple. It is time for me to move on. It was always my intention to pursue a career in the entertainment industry, and after the amazing opportunities Card Player Media has offered me over the past year and half I have built up the confidence and the skills to make those career dreams a reality.

I am moving back to L.A. full time now and therefore will not be able to travel with - as one of my good buddies John Phan once put it - ..The Circus...

I sincerely hope that you all enjoyed the product we and Card Player put out over the past year to give you what I believe was the best poker entertainment and information that the world had to offer.

I think I would be remiss if I were not to make a small comment about the poker industry in general before I sign off. I hope that through our charity work, personalities on the air, and love for the game we have helped to prove that poker is a wonderful game, that when enjoyed responsibly is one that can build .. not destroy .. community, strengthen friendships and help out the less fortunate in their times of need. The people in the poker world are some of the most generous, caring, intelligent human beings I have ever come across. I hope that the game continues to grow, and I hope you all do your part to make this Internet poker nonsense disappear, and we can all enjoy the game that we love.

One final thank you to the fans of the show. Thank you for supporting us, helping us to grow, and contributing to the content and format of the show. It really and truly has been the most fun experience I have ever had in my life, and it is all thanks to you. The Circuit art, the hilarious phone calls and emails, and the listeners that I met really made me feel like we were doing something that mattered to people.

As for the future of ..The Circuit,.. I cannot comment as I am no longer the host and creative producer of the show nor an employee of Card Player. Joe and Gavin will be releasing their own statements and thanks to the fans as well in the near future on their blogs and myspace pages, and possibly in this forum.

I will be continuing my new comedy podcast over at www.twojacksinthehole.com if you..re interested in hearing me flap my gums any more than I already have.

To Gavin, Joe, Danny, Shronk, Jeremy and all my people..s on the road. Thanks, and I love you guys.

To all of the fans of the show. Thanks again.

Scott Huff

[/ QUOTE ]