Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Forum Project Step 1 - Niche Pickin\'

[ QUOTE ]
You can make major money from adsense. 10K a day sound like a few bucks a month?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough, most people don't make this much. You need a *huge* amount of traffic to get this kind of income.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:20 PM

Strangely enough, most people don't make this kind of money doing anything. I thought that you were going for something big. Strangely enough to make this kind of money you need a huge amount of something.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:26 PM

Hmm...one of my ideas for a budgeting/money saving aspect of the website is as follows:

I get my mobile phone for free. Completely free. I pay monthly rental but get it all back through cashback + I've actually been paid money to sign up for it, so in fact I am +£16 on the deal.

I think I could generate a fair bit of content on the best ways of (1) going about getting this kind of deal and (2) ensuring that you actually get your cashback, as the only ways the companies that offer these deals stay in business is through people not collecting their cashback.

So, I'd originally intended to create an article around this in money saving, but would it be better from a marketing pov to make it an entire website dedicated to getting good deals on your mobile phones, with this info as a pdf guide? Maybe even split it into a 2-parter to get people advertising as suggested above?

As a continuation, it might even be possible to go around comparing all the totally free mobile phone offers, and signing up as an affiliate to those offers.

I'll call this idea #3 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Seems fairly original...there are a few sites out there comparing the deals on mobile phones, but none actually just set out the totally free ones.

I think i'll run with this one!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:56 PM

I'll do a guide to setting up an e-commerce site on a shoestring budget. It may take me longer than some to get content because I'll actually be doing the e-commerce site concurrently with this site.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:58 PM

brad,

nice. i look forward to seeing this happen
Old 10-31-2006, 10:30 PM

i have an idea for a site (that i'm a little hesitant to discuss openly at this point) that i think would get traffic and currently has literally no competition. the only problem is that the majority of users would access the site and resources via their mobile phones. (either WAP or via text messaging) how difficult would this be to monetize?
Old 10-31-2006, 10:39 PM

What is the site homie
Old 11-01-2006, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strangely enough, most people don't make this kind of money doing anything. I thought that you were going for something big. Strangely enough to make this kind of money you need a huge amount of something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing big, I'm just trying to provide some beginner guidance to help people get some traffic and start making a bit off it. The additional motivation this provides is priceless imo.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:41 AM

max,

if you really think you have that many people that will be committed to this, maybe 2 catagories could work. Assuming somebody else steps up as a leader. I'm havin a tough time deciding on a niche(in this catagory) right now but I'm sure I can think of something to run with by wednesday altho I rather run with an idea with hopes of making some money but as I said before, learning is my overall goal.

anybody,

looking for hosting. ill be happy to sign up under your affiliate if you can tell me a couple good things why I should choose yours. this would be my first time buying hosting so not even sure where to start looking so suggestions and reasoning would help greatly.

thx
Old 11-01-2006, 07:38 AM

I like hostmonster - 50 gig of space, 999 gig bandwidth, one click installation for wordpress and joomla (content management systems), easy to use control panel, free domain name if you subscribe for a year (6.95, or 4.95 if you go for two years)

PM me for the aff link if you're interested.

I'm not saying they're the best, but I couldn't find anything particularly bad about them in a google search for "hostmonster suck" and I've been happy so far (not that I've done much other than set up a blog).