Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: MNF - Giants @ Boys

I think I have been talked into a Giants bet. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2006, 05:48 PM

Giants may have made improvments but they just improved from a bad defense to a decent one

Your not going to shut down Julius Jones/Marion Barber/Witten/Glenn/Owens

Giants just need to slow them down...and hopefully Eli doesn't screw the pooch...which with the Dallas D at home is more likely to happen than not happen.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Giants. They're better on offense at every position except WR, and their defense, IMO, is at least a little better than most people think, especially against Drew Bledsoe, the Human Sack Machine. I think Dallas is a pretty average team overall, while the Giants are above average -- they shouldn't be giving the full 3-3.5 on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think giving the Giants an edge on the Oline is debatable. Both the "sack machine" and the fact that opposing defenses know they're playing against that sack machine and blitz accordingly makes the Cowboys OL look worse than it is.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:58 PM

guys,

there's more games next week.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys,

there's more games next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but these kind of discussions are awesome IMO.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:07 PM

Not to mention, next week's games suck. Cincy -3.5 is my favorite game right now and I always pick against Cincy.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I have been talked into a Giants bet. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I felt pretty good about Dallas and now I'm starting to over think. At 5D they are offering NYG team total over 20 for -115, I think I might just say [censored] the overall winner and jump on this. Anyone else thinking of this play?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the Giants. They're better on offense at every position except WR, and their defense, IMO, is at least a little better than most people think, especially against Drew Bledsoe, the Human Sack Machine. I think Dallas is a pretty average team overall, while the Giants are above average -- they shouldn't be giving the full 3-3.5 on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think giving the Giants an edge on the Oline is debatable. Both the "sack machine" and the fact that opposing defenses know they're playing against that sack machine and blitz accordingly makes the Cowboys OL look worse than it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt Bledsoe's proclivity for sacks makes Dallas' line looks worse than it is, but it's still not as good as the Giants' line. Here. Giants are first in Adjusted Line Yards (Dallas is 2nd, actually), 2nd in Power Rushing success (Dallas is 17th), and 9th in avoiding getting stuffed (Dallas is 27th). New York's Adjusted Sack Rate is also better, 5.8% to 7%, though that's probably the result of having Bledsoe behind center as much as anything.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My system (based on DVOA) says Dallas -2.5 is the right line. How does yours come up with New York -9?

[/ QUOTE ]

My system is based on last year's performance as well as this year's, focusing on win/loss, road win/loss, margin of victory, and strength of opponent. NYG started higher ranked this year, and has widened the gap by beating some good teams, while Dallas has not improved their ranking with their results this year.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:30 PM

I teased NYG +9 and total under 51