Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Bill Frist\'s wife is doing a book signing at my campus tomorrow

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You conducted yourself with class. Good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it'll do any good, but you handled this very well, I'd say. No anthrax in the letter, I presume? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think she knows about, nor cares about the legislation.

So, go sass her...maybe she will later.

Although, I think this approach would work best, and don't worry about lying to a politician, it doesn't count as a lie.

"My father got injured on the job a few years back and has been unable to work. His employer illegally neglected workman's comp insurance, so my father had no way to make ends meet, and the company folded so no law suits were possible. I was just starting school, there were bills to pay, and my father is a smart man and was able to become a skilled poker player quickly. Online poker is legal in this country and in my state, but this new bill will make it difficult for my father to be able to continue providing for my family. Please tell your husband, Mr. Frist that he made a big mistake that is impacting real people. My father can't walk and is really too old to start a new career now. I just don't know what my family will do."

[/ QUOTE ]

STUPID ARGUMENT THAT HAS BEEN REFUTED IN HERE NUMEROUS TIMES! DO NOT SAY ANYTHING TO THIS EFFECT OR YOU STOOP TO THEIR LEVEL.

She could just as easily say why should people with a problem fund your father?
Old 10-19-2006, 10:18 PM

Nice letter, OP. just read it.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 PM

Old 10-20-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Have you posted your letter? did i miss it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah but it got hidden in my update post. I didn't spend nearly enough time revising the first part of the letter as I did on the second part (had to leave to get there in time!), so pardon the relatively weak pensmanship at the beginning. Link to letter.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think she knows about, nor cares about the legislation.

So, go sass her...maybe she will later.

Although, I think this approach would work best, and don't worry about lying to a politician, it doesn't count as a lie.

"My father got injured on the job a few years back and has been unable to work. His employer illegally neglected workman's comp insurance, so my father had no way to make ends meet, and the company folded so no law suits were possible. I was just starting school, there were bills to pay, and my father is a smart man and was able to become a skilled poker player quickly. Online poker is legal in this country and in my state, but this new bill will make it difficult for my father to be able to continue providing for my family. Please tell your husband, Mr. Frist that he made a big mistake that is impacting real people. My father can't walk and is really too old to start a new career now. I just don't know what my family will do."

[/ QUOTE ]

STUPID ARGUMENT THAT HAS BEEN REFUTED IN HERE NUMEROUS TIMES! DO NOT SAY ANYTHING TO THIS EFFECT OR YOU STOOP TO THEIR LEVEL.

She could just as easily say why should people with a problem fund your father?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make no mistake about it, my post was not an ARGUMENT, and as such cannot be refuted. It is what is called a pity plea. The point is to make the person feel bad so that they'll take your side. Logic and Argument are approaches that are particularly ineffective most places outside of the science and engineering realm of the world. For example, logic plays almost no role in politics and therefore policy making in our country. That's why our country is going down the tubes.

And to be clear, the point is not, if you can't beat 'em join 'em. The point is, you don't hammer in a nail with a screwdriver.

(and if she does say 'why should people with a problem fund your father' you say 'they already fund education' while you cry publicly until the politician really gets red faced. The point is SHAME, not argument. These people may look down on us and all of the other ants scurrying around, but they really feel bad when they see one of the plebs they (or their people) directly [censored] over.)
Old 10-20-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell her you play online poker.. then just stare at her without blinking for the next 18 seconds

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah wow how did everyone miss this?
Old 10-20-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tell her you play online poker.. then just stare at her without blinking for the next 18 seconds

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah wow how did everyone miss this?

[/ QUOTE ]

that is classic

actually you should just let her be, you could hand her a deck of cards and tell her like a gentleman in few words how you feel and leave it at that

and then talk to her about your milf hunting activities and all.........
Old 10-20-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love college kids.

they're so...i dunno, willing to try to do something rather than just bash people on a message board who do

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. TIA.

BTW - good letter skier - nicely done.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:38 PM

There is one theme that has cropped up just often enough in this thread that I feel compelled to ask... have you SEEN Bill Frist's wife?