Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: 10/180 AA on Dangerous Flop

Jeff, see my worst case scenario post where it's a call. Then add a few donk hands (because I assume the average 10/180 player sucks) and it's a clear call.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:27 PM

Ok, I'll buy it. You guys are right. If the tight range was a marginal call, then any looser tips it to a clear call. Not need to actually do the math- you've convinced me.

At the table I gave these guys incredibly tight ranges, and I wasn't sure about how much equity I had against those ranges, so I made the fold.

Thanks all for the replies. I think this will help me a lot in the future when considering pot equity questions and PF re-raises. This is a textbook example of how much of a difference getting the PF raise right would have made. I wouldn't have had ANY pot equity questions if I'd raised just a 100 chips more PF.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff, see my worst case scenario post where it's a call. Then add a few donk hands (because I assume the average 10/180 player sucks) and it's a clear call.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 nights ago in a 20/180 - I limp (20) a suited Wheel Ace early on, one guy calls another one raises to 120, I call second limper calls. Flop is 678 with 2 in my suit. Being first to act - I often just shove it as the 370 pot is nothing to scoff at, but I chose to just check. Limper #2 shoved, the third guy called a shove, as did I.

Their hands?...

1st guy - AQo, no backdoor Flush draw
2nd guy - 88 (he actually had a REAL HAND! ZOMG!)

The moral of the story is - do not auto-assume the WORST case scenario in these things... People shove with all kinds of crap for all kinds of reasons....

P.S. Hand in example - I insta-called, flush on the turn, triple stack 10 hands in... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree Kleath. Getting into the 100/200 blinds with 2000 chips and more than HALF the field gone is totally awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh okay, 2000 is certainly not great but it beats gambooling early, short stack play is not hard in these.