Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars - 6max players get shafted when it comes to FPPs

Assuming that you win one out of six pots at 6-max and one out of nine at FR I think you're wrong. You're paying $900 at 6-max and $600 at FR just like you said in your example, so subtract the $$ you received back and you'll get the numbers I posted.

If you want to normalize it then for every $1000 you pay in rake you are actually paying $467 at 6-max and $335 at FR.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:36 PM

bump for lee jones or something.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bump for lee jones or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Lee has already reacted to this thread. Effective in about 24 hours you now get double FPPs when the pot reaches $2, instead of the old $3. This is only for 6-max tables I believe.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:45 PM

I emailed pokerstars support and got a response saying my email had been forwarded to the appropriate people also I made sure to reference this post within my email.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Lee has already reacted to this thread. Effective in about 24 hours you now get double FPPs when the pot reaches $2, instead of the old $3. This is only for 6-max tables I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link, where'd you see/hear this?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Picture two players, one playing six max, one playing full ring. Both players sit at tables where $5,400 in rake is taken.

SixMax: $5400 in rake means 5400 points which means 324 in bonus and 900 in MGR. MGR - Bonus = 576. 27% of 576 = 155.52. Total received back by player is 155.52 + 324 = 479.52 which is 53.28% of MGR and 8.88% of the rake taken at the table.'

FullRing (9 players): $5400 in rake means 5400 points which means 324 in bonus and 600 in MGR. MGR - Bonus = 276. 27% of 276 = 74.52. Total received back by player is 324+74.52 = 398.52 which is 66.42% of MGR which looks better than six max but it's actually 7.38% of the rake taken off the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're looking at the problem from the wrong angle.

Yes, the 6-max players will receive more money back in your example, but they are also paying more money. What matters is not how much you receive back, but how much you're paying to play. In your example the 6-max players are paying $420 while the FR players are only paying $201, so short handed clearly get screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're really only paying the rake that comes out of the pots you win and you're getting more of that back at six max than at full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

not more than double
Old 10-21-2006, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks –
As always, we appreciate the feedback that you give us about PokerStars; it’s the best way we know to improve the site.

Based on your suggestions in this thread, we’re making some changes:

FPPs for low-limit and 6-handed tables

* All fixed limit tables with limits up to $1-2 will give the first FPP when the rake is $.40.
* All NL/PL tables up to $1-2 blinds will give the first FPP when the rake is $.40.
* All 6-max tables will give a second FPP at $2 instead of $3. Note this is not true for games being played 6-handed at 10-player tables – just 6-max tables.

Important note: because we’ve just made this change, existing tables will not reflect the change – only newly generated tables. It should take about 24 hours for most of the tables to regenerate so they all reflect the more generous FPP rules.

Dealing speed

We got out our stopwatches and compared our dealing speed to the competition; y’all were right. We are going to make some changes but we still want our players to be able to see what happened in the hand without having to look at the hand history.

* We’ve already implemented some changes on our “fast” (formerly “high-speed”) tables. We have reduced the “time to act”, delay between hands, and other parameters. You should find the playing experience faster and smoother.
* We’re going to speed up animation for fast tables and turbo tournaments in the next software build (about 3 weeks from now). In the meantime, you can turn off animation if it bothers you.
* The all-in slowroll. It’s gonna go faster – again, that will be in the next software build.

Again, thank you for the comments and suggestions. We’re always delighted to be able to say “yes” to our players.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2006, 01:24 AM

And that is why I keep going back to Stars.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:25 AM

anyone want to post updated RB %'s?
Old 10-21-2006, 01:30 AM

Thanks, not sure how I missed that...