Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: men the master and one of his crew had big fight tonight

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how they sort out all the chips, no way eye in the skys would be able to catch the kind of action this sounds like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in a very similar situation to this at the tropicana in LV 2 years ago (although with noone as famous in the poker world as MTM). There was a huge fight, the table was turned over and peoples chips went EVERYWHERE. The guy (whos name I remember lol, Jordan) decided to take on 5 security guards. He was pretty big and gave them a hell of a fight, with one of them taking quite a beating off him before they got him restrained. Anyway once it had all calmed down all the chips were everywhere (it was a 1/2 NL cash game). I had about 350 and recovered them NP. I was sure there was going to be an argument over this from someone but bizarrely after everyone had picked up what was "theirs" there was 50 chips left over not accounted for? (Not jordans because he had been bustoed before the argument. The poker room manager was there and eventually it was decided the 50 dollars would be added as dead money to the next pot. Since I was UTG for this hand I decided to make it real juicy and stated my intention to make it 20 to go blind, which I duly did (with the manager laughing and saying, nice sweetener. A couple of people got in on the action before all the table nits starting complaining and moaning and getting upset that they couldnt play the hand because of this (FU LV nits). This started the whole situation off again w people complaining to the manager so eventually the hand got called dead and restarted. I did not raise blind this time nor did I win the pot but thankfully one of the non nits did AHAHAHAHAHA.

It really surprised me everyone was obv honest and we were left with extra money. If there had been debate over it would have been even more chaotic.

BTW nice thread guys

Jez
Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how they sort out all the chips, no way eye in the skys would be able to catch the kind of action this sounds like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in a very similar situation to this at the tropicana in LV 2 years ago (although with noone as famous in the poker world as MTM). There was a huge fight, the table was turned over and peoples chips went EVERYWHERE. The guy (whos name I remember lol, Jordan) decided to take on 5 security guards. He was pretty big and gave them a hell of a fight, with one of them taking quite a beating off him before they got him restrained. Anyway once it had all calmed down all the chips were everywhere (it was a 1/2 NL cash game). I had about 350 and recovered them NP. I was sure there was going to be an argument over this from someone but bizarrely after everyone had picked up what was "theirs" there was 50 chips left over not accounted for? (Not jordans because he had been bustoed before the argument. The poker room manager was there and eventually it was decided the 50 dollars would be added as dead money to the next pot. Since I was UTG for this hand I decided to make it real juicy and stated my intention to make it 20 to go blind, which I duly did (with the manager laughing and saying, nice sweetener. A couple of people got in on the action before all the table nits starting complaining and moaning and getting upset that they couldnt play the hand because of this (FU LV nits). This started the whole situation off again w people complaining to the manager so eventually the hand got called dead and restarted. I did not raise blind this time nor did I win the pot but thankfully one of the non nits did AHAHAHAHAHA.

It really surprised me everyone was obv honest and we were left with extra money. If there had been debate over it would have been even more chaotic.

BTW nice thread guys

Jez

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why the hand was ruled dead? You're allowed to raise blind if you want to. Sounds like the floor was a nit too.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:04 PM

I thought 86 had to do with dying?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:06 PM

Good thread but I was hoping for some kung-fu.

Barfing on the table is also over the top.

86'd means you are barred from the establishment, sounds like he just got 43'd for a half hour to cool off.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:20 PM

from the info I got last night the two of them were let back in to pick up there money and clean out there boxes . I do think that it is going to some time before thay are let back in the bellagio
Old 10-18-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW nice thread guys

Jez

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why the hand was ruled dead? You're allowed to raise blind if you want to. Sounds like the floor was a nit too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this either.
People complained because you raised the hand blind and the floor agreed with them to rule the hand dead??
WTF??
Old 10-18-2006, 08:20 PM

men the master needs to get his arse handed to him. such an arrogant [censored].
Old 10-18-2006, 09:15 PM

So how many of his entourage was there and how many were in this fight ? Usually he has a bunch of people with him doesn't he ?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this either.
People complained because you raised the hand blind and the floor agreed with them to rule the hand dead??
WTF??

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasnt quite true, I didnt explain it spot on.

I raised the hand blind, some people liekd it (directly after me) and cold called, then the nits at the table started really complaining. The atmosphere was pretty knife edge already as you can imagine from the fight etc and someone suggested that without looking at the hands we just take back and start again. Not wanting to make the atmos worse than it was already I moaned about them being tight asses (lol) but agreed, to which the room manager agreed. This was not a direct floor ruling - you are all right in saying I am sure that if I had persisted and protested that they can all STFU and eat my blind raise, the floor would have ruled with me (correctly).
Old 10-18-2006, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, considering we are on the subject, about 10 years ago I am in Reno, and Men is there eating at the table.

Well, he was obviously sick, and started to hurl.

Did he turn away, do it on the floor? Heck no. All over the table, he ralphed.

Got on the felt, the chips, everything. And he didn't offer to help clean up, apologize, nothing. Just walked away.

Ever since then I have rooted against that jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise you $200 plus 2 chunks of tuna fish salad.