Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 01:59 PM

Default Re: UFC UFN Thread

No one has seen conclusive evidence either way.

The way Penn starts the third round, with his hands at his sides, most people agree that its probably something more than just gassing. Penn couldn't walk back to his corner after the second round, he basically had to crawl.

General consensus at this point is that Penn was probably hurt and gassed both, in some combination. maybe not as serious as a separated rib (defintely didn't break a rib, reportedly he separated a rib which isn't the same at all) maybe just a pulled muscle in his side, whatever. These kind of injuries to the rib area are pretty common when dealing with a significantly stronger wrestler trying to keep someone pinned, which is definitely what happened to Penn in the second round as Hughes was trying to hold him down when Penn slipped around and started to take Hughes' back/etc.

Who knows if we'll ever know. Hopefully, though, we'll see BJ Penn refocus even more and come back again. He's such a tremendously skilled fighter, if he'd up his conditioning he'd be very very dominant at whatever weight class he wanted to fight at. I'd like to see a rubber match with Hughes very much, but would also like to see Penn dominate at lightweight as well.

/hijack
Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to see a rubber match with Hughes very much

[/ QUOTE ]I will love to see that. Hopefully, I will get Hughes again at great odds but switch to Penn completely when it hits +260. Then, I hope Penn will again make me feel like a genius for such a move by dominating the fight for 2 rounds only to crush my spirit in the third.

I actually got really lucky. Someone had a big buy order on Tradesports during the fight. After the second round it was way out of whack and massive value. I was in the process of making a huge sell order when the person pulled the line down. I would have been stung really badly - just like I am doing to be when Shamrock decides to screw me for my betrayal of him so I could make a few dollars after routing for him for over 10 years.

It is going to be really painful. Thank God though that Pulver helped condition me for what is coming.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 PM

What time is this fight at?
Old 10-10-2006, 02:54 PM

8pm EST, 7pm central. Not sure what time on the west coast.

And Utah - quit bringing me down with your goddammed negativity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2006, 03:00 PM

UFN starts at 8pm EDT on Spike, I'd guess the ME will start around 930
Old 10-10-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
8pm EST, 7pm central. Not sure what time on the west coast.

And Utah - quit bringing me down with your goddammed negativity. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]No. If I wanted to be negative I would tell you that the freakin pay-per-view made me look at Rob Schnieder take his shirt off after Pulver lost.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one has seen conclusive evidence either way.

The way Penn starts the third round, with his hands at his sides, most people agree that its probably something more than just gassing. Penn couldn't walk back to his corner after the second round, he basically had to crawl.

General consensus at this point is that Penn was probably hurt and gassed both, in some combination. maybe not as serious as a separated rib (defintely didn't break a rib, reportedly he separated a rib which isn't the same at all) maybe just a pulled muscle in his side, whatever. These kind of injuries to the rib area are pretty common when dealing with a significantly stronger wrestler trying to keep someone pinned, which is definitely what happened to Penn in the second round as Hughes was trying to hold him down when Penn slipped around and started to take Hughes' back/etc.

Who knows if we'll ever know. Hopefully, though, we'll see BJ Penn refocus even more and come back again. He's such a tremendously skilled fighter, if he'd up his conditioning he'd be very very dominant at whatever weight class he wanted to fight at. I'd like to see a rubber match with Hughes very much, but would also like to see Penn dominate at lightweight as well.

/hijack

[/ QUOTE ]

counter hijack:

neither the athletic commission nor any doctors could find anything wrong with bj's ribs after the fight.

he just plain gassed.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. If I wanted to be negative I would tell you that the freakin pay-per-view made me look at Rob Schnieder take his shirt off after Pulver lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one picture I could think of to do this justice:

Old 10-10-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

counter hijack:

neither the athletic commission nor any doctors could find anything wrong with bj's ribs after the fight.

he just plain gassed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seen anything official on this?

I've seen rumors and discussion on message boards, but haven't seen an official source...
Old 10-10-2006, 03:57 PM

oddly, i cant find the official injury report.. should be posted here soon:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/suspensio...nsion_list.htm

ill keep looking.