Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: ted forrest=BUSTO!

[ QUOTE ]
tom,

Consider that regardless of how you say it, Scuba is still an acronym.

Then consider never trying to correct someone again to save yourself the embarrassment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that the English dictionary and everyone who bothered enough to read your crap disagrees. Next time I make some tiny little note that has nothing to do with a thread, and you feel like going out of your way to trying to prove me wrong, when you don't know what you're talking about, go ahead and send it in a PM so I can just delete it without having to read it.

Thank you, and have a nice day sir.

EDIT: Anything you're going to say is already tl;dr, I'm not coming back to this thread.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:27 PM

i dont see why im being attacked in this thread. i was simply trying to make a standpoint in stopping nvg from becoming a homeground for [censored] rumors about pros. thats how all these rumors start. we had people thinking barry greenstein lost 10m+ to benyamine in the big game and that hes going broke. im sure it all started from some original reply/post in a thread and everyone seemed to believe it. of course, if the post is clearly a joke then its fine, but i dont see how this thread could clearly be derived as a joke. ted forrest has had a history of being busto. maybe you guys found the thread funny but i dont see the punchline. no offense mike, but the sam grizzle comment might be the only funny part of the post. i just dont see why threads with the intention of starting [censored] rumors should be supported. but go on, noone seems to agree with me so continue wasting thread space. thanks for making me click.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:46 PM

I knew that this thread was going to be a joke as soon as I read the title. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see why im being attacked in this thread. i was simply trying to make a standpoint in stopping nvg from becoming a homeground for [censored] rumors about pros. thats how all these rumors start. we had people thinking barry greenstein lost 10m+ to benyamine in the big game and that hes going broke. im sure it all started from some original reply/post in a thread and everyone seemed to believe it. of course, if the post is clearly a joke then its fine, but i dont see how this thread could clearly be derived as a joke. ted forrest has had a history of being busto. maybe you guys found the thread funny but i dont see the punchline. no offense mike, but the sam grizzle comment might be the only funny part of the post. i just dont see why threads with the intention of starting [censored] rumors should be supported. but go on, noone seems to agree with me so continue wasting thread space. thanks for making me click.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how it's possible that you think this:

[ QUOTE ]
a: tf was on the 100-200 list right along with dd and i. unfortunately he did not play the game, he may have been afraid to play with competition as tough as us...

[/ QUOTE ]

And this:

[ QUOTE ]
c: tf was playing 400-800 tpoe, the biggest game in the house, but no $10k-20k by any stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

could be anything but a joke.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:36 AM

I know tom won't be coming back to this thread, but just to clarify, responses were made to this post by tom:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tstone,

If you knew Mike L, you'd understand this is funnny. Also, quit ruining this thread with your "facts".

Also, POTE is the correct acronym

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't an acronym, it's an abbreviation.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTE in this case can clearly be pronounced as a single syllable(sp?), therefore tom's correction was wrong. tom is also a horrible poster who does this kind of [censored] all the time, and I really wish he'd just stfu.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:23 PM

TStone,

Rumors aren't really judged on quality. If people want to make up some really retarded nonsense and post it, that's going to be fine. It's up to the posters to sniff out what's a joke and what isn't, most posters are pretty good at that, you're apparently not.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If people want to make up some really retarded nonsense and post it, that's going to be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless somebody says evelyn ng looks like a post op tranny?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:57 AM

and didn't ted contribute a little to the latest corporation against andy beal?

i'd hardly imagine he was broke if that was true and given the work of phil ivey in that game, he would have come up nicely.

just speculating...
Old 10-18-2006, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
great so some guy attempts to slander a respected poker pro by creating bs rumors about him? lock pls

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that would be a first on this board.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If people want to make up some really retarded nonsense and post it, that's going to be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless somebody says evelyn ng looks like a post op tranny?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's rumor and there's insults. You're smart enough to know the difference.