Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Im helping my best freind and somehow I look like the bad guy...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how people spend money on others and then expect something down the road. Like you. Here you are going on about how you've spent time/money on him in the past and it was "no big deal", then when he upsets you, you flaunt it as if he needs to respect you more than just a friend. Now you are acting like a banker.

I'm not saying it isn't effed up that he won't at least chip in for the flight, but for you to use money in the way you have, is just wrong.

Plus: If you really want to help him recover, don't blow money on dinners and beer which temporarily eases his pain, why don't you buy him The Total Money Makeover.

Teach a man to fish...

PS: and yeah, $200 is a lot for someone to "scrape together" when they are in the midst of a failing business.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend just bought his gf a $200 coach purse that he sent to his GF (long distance relationship). Hes about to be making $73,000/year salary. So, now im helping this fat (censored) excuse my language but we are tight like that. He needs to pay for this. Have I mentioned I have never asked him to do me a favor in my life? he lives with his mom and dad. I asked if I could grab a coke from his fridge (visible 6-pack) he said NO, its his moms. LOL.

And the more I read this thread the more I don't want to bust my back helping his fat ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Your friend sounds like a huge loser. Buys Coach purse for gf...lives with parents...makes 73K a year... and is in financial distress.

I think the real problem here is that you HATE your friend and the only reason you keep him around is because you think someday things will change and he will turn back into this really cool guy with his sh*t together (maybe like how he was when yall first met???).

It ain't gonna happen. This guy sounds like he's off the deep end. People change. Like I said, try to help him understand money and if he doesn't care to listen then cut ties with him. You can fill the void with OOT!
Old 09-22-2006, 06:46 PM

After you're done helping him move, hit him in the nose.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:51 PM

He moved into his parents house after his business went bankrupt. He has now landed a job paying 73K annually in DC. I don't blame him for moving back in with his parents. I can't imagine any parent not allowing their struggling son back in for a few months. His parents are cool. Yah, he sent his gf a $200 coach purse. Hes wipped over her. Thats another story.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:03 PM

POKERRAJA! WAKE UP!

Even one year from now, you're going to feel like an absolute ass if you allowed this friendship to be spoiled by a $50 flight.

Yes, $50. I just looked at southwest.com for flights from BWI to Detroit, and put in a random day from next week.

Your friend is definitely taking advantage. But you offered, and in planning you never mentioned needing return airfare, did you?

You want to draw the line? Do it in the future, and do it up front, not after you've planned something.

Your best man, your pal of 20 years, is leaving to move 500 miles away from you. He's lost a business and starting a new chapter in his life.

Be a man and step up for him.

It may be the last time, so go out on a high note.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His parents are cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

So cool that handing out a free soda to their sons best, and most helpful bud will BREAK THEM. lolololo.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
POKERRAJA! WAKE UP!

Even one year from now, you're going to feel like an absolute ass if you allowed this friendship to be spoiled by a $50 flight.

Yes, $50. I just looked at southwest.com for flights from BWI to Detroit, and put in a random day from next week.

Your friend is definitely taking advantage. But you offered, and in planning you never mentioned needing return airfare, did you?

You want to draw the line? Do it in the future, and do it up front, not after you've planned something.

Your best man, your pal of 20 years, is leaving to move 500 miles away from you. He's lost a business and starting a new chapter in his life.

Be a man and step up for him.

It may be the last time, so go out on a high note.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep going back and forth on this issue. Your post has really brought to light what is really important. For some reason I keep getting angry with him. But I have to realize hes going through a rough patch and this is how he handles it. No more whining from me. Seriously. I hate being negative about things.

FWIW,he found me a flight (my credit card) for $149. Thats cool though. Yes one way.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His parents are cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

So cool that handing out a free soda to their sons best, and most helpful bud will BREAK THEM. lolololo.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is honestly how I felt. I drank the coke and told him if his mom asks, that I drank it. She loves me and everytime I go their she is ready to fix me a meal. He is just warped on some issues. But nuff of that.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:17 PM

IMO helping friends should come without conditions. I would never expect that he pays for the flight. If he does, great, but I'd never ask, and NEVER assume it should be done.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:20 PM

The thing is, you can only control how you handle situations. If you value your friendship with this guy, and he is the type that will never pay for anything, then you are going to have to deal with it. I wouldn't expect that he ever pays you back if he is the type that doesn't. Either you can handle that or you can't.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
His parents are cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is honestly how I felt. I drank the coke and told him if his mom asks, that I drank it. She loves me and everytime I go their she is ready to fix me a meal. He is just warped on some issues. But nuff of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, can you help me move from chicago to vegas? You will have to fly here, drive with me, and fly back on your own dime, but I WILL provide all the can soft drinks you can handle! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]