Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Re: ***Official HSP Thread 9/18/06***

Where in that does it say anything about the game being easy, or does Daniel say he could beat the game without looking at his cards? And since when does 200/400 = 50/100?

look nuthugger, i didn't quote him word for word cuz i really don't care. DN played in 50-100 nl game (somewhere between the 5-10 nl and first season HSP) w/ allen cummingham and basicly played it like a 5-10 nl game. miniraises, not looking preflop, over-bet here, over-bet there. after all's said and done he literally bashed the game saying he could squeeze out 10k a day and sometimes doesn't even have to look at his cards preflop. basically he said "[censored] VARIANCES, [censored] CARDS, I WILL SMASH ALL THESE 50-100 NL GRINDERS BECAUSE THAT'S JUST HOW I THROW-DOWN SON!"
Old 09-20-2006, 11:51 AM

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion of the Juanda/Lindgren hand. I loved Juanda's demeanor in this hand, saying over and over that if he had two tens he'd already be in the pot. And how bored he had been that evening (apparently from being card dead?).

I just found this a really humorous showdown and was the highlight of the show for me.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Phil Laak unwanted at the table? I see no other reason than that for Erick Lindgren wanting him to leave the room to the laughter of a few of the other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Laak seems to be the geek in a room full of nerds. Just a bit out of place. Or is that vice versa?
Old 09-20-2006, 01:33 PM

Anyone who's willing to wear Green Lantern and F4 shirts on national TV is fine by me.