Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Granny or Grue for PRESIDENT?.
GRANNY 19 79.17%
GRUE 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Should I buy an XBox 360, or wait for PS3/Wii?

[ QUOTE ]
Since OP is a sports nut, he should check out
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148455.html

It describes Madden for the Wii. Basically, it's an entirely new version because it has features specific to the Wii controller.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Players will hike the ball by mimicking a quarterback receiving the ball from the center, and then pass it to a receiver by making a throwing gesture with the free-hand controller."

This is going to seriously blow. This isn't the gay ass dancing game, it's madden, very different audiences.

J
Old 09-15-2006, 04:08 AM

You'll be able to use the Wavebird controller with the Wii.

I loved the Dreamcast. Soul Calibur was the last fighting game I spent lots of time on.

I got the Cube so I could play Resident Evil games.

I waited until well after the release of each system to buy. Waiting tens to = price drop + decent bundle offers.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:26 AM

Havn't read the thread yet, but I think the Wii will be totally different than the other two and should be cheap as well, so I'd get that and one of the other two.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:26 AM

Personally, I couldn't wait, so I already got the 360. I'll be getting the Wii as well.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, you can't go wrong with the 360. I love mine.

And, think of it this way: You can buy a 360 AND a Wii for the price of a PS3, and you won't have to wait until God knows when to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]really? Maybe its just me outgrowing video games, but I've barely played mine at all.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it bother anyone that everytime a someone tried to implement a "revoluctionary" controller they failed miserably? I seriously don't imagine myself playing most games on that controller and it troubles me that the entire development of the games circles around the controller.

[/ QUOTE ]What exactly do you have in mind? IIRC the first revolutionary controller was the NES which had a joypad instead of a joystick. Then there was the analog stick, which I think was first on the N64, although I could be wrong about that(was PS1 first?).

Both of those innovations turned out pretty well. What are you thinking of that failed?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's wee. The name is ghey but the system looks extremely promising

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get the name, is it some Japanese thing/word? How did the marketing dept. come up w/ this one for the English speaking consumers?

[/ QUOTE ]No clue. It was "Revolution" at first, which I think is 100x better. Revolution sounds good and actually goes with what they're trying to do. Wii is just silly.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly do you have in mind? IIRC the first revolutionary controller was the NES which had a joypad instead of a joystick. Then there was the analog stick, which I think was first on the N64, although I could be wrong about that(was PS1 first?).

[/ QUOTE ]

It was N64 and Nintendo is indeed always brining the next step in video game controllers. The cube introduced analog triggers, btw.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What exactly do you have in mind? IIRC the first revolutionary controller was the NES which had a joypad instead of a joystick. Then there was the analog stick, which I think was first on the N64, although I could be wrong about that(was PS1 first?).

[/ QUOTE ]

dreamcast had analog triggers. Btw: most of what failed in "revoluctionary controllers" aren't famous (for obvious reasons) so most of the public doesn't know them, but google for it, I remember seeing a list of the 10 worst controllers ever made, funny stuff.

PS: that madden preview for the wii was the first thing that worried me about the controller, it looks horrible.
It was N64 and Nintendo is indeed always brining the next step in video game controllers. The cube introduced analog triggers, btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

dreamcast had analog triggers.
Btw, most of what failed in "revoluctionary controllers" isn't famous (for obvious reasons) so most of the public doesn't know them, but google for it, I remember seeing a list of the 10 worst controllers ever made, pretty funny site.

PS: that madden preview for the wii was the first thing that worried me about the controller, it looks horrible.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My general approach with gaming systems is to wait at least a year after they come out to buy them. There's just simply not a lot of value in consoles unless they have a good game selection out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, isn't the game selection the most important thing. I would wait, see how everything pans out and the nget a system at a reduced price. Personally, I'd like 360, but wii looks pretty promising.