Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Who wants a sweat in HSP next season.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love how you berate a guy (Randy), who have won over a million $ at tournaments.

me/waits for all the replys: WTF does THAT prove, moron?!?!" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does catch a lot of crap around here. He probably knows and plays better than me for the most part.

To me he seems like the guy that busts out early or does pretty good. He got his 2nd in Tunica a couple years ago for a big chunk of change.

I also don't want to base my opinions on his play from a few televised hands. Maybe he plays perfect 99% of the time and the people behind the cameras have it out for him and only show his bad decisions.

I've seen him in at least 3 tourneys in the past month where he called a bet or went all in with the worst of it. Last night he said he KNEW VVP had nothing. With Axx flop he called VVP's nothing (BTW nothing equals AK) with A9. Then goes all in with QJ in either early or MP in the WSOP ME.

There has definetly been more but my memory escapes me right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you are correct. I am better than most the players who critisize my play. I have an image that has been finely crafted over years of donktastic plays. In reality I play above the rim if I am concentrating. But I often will have lapses where I lose my focus and do some stupid [censored]. It just so happens that I have a camera on me so my gaffs are magnified.

VVP in the PPT, we have a history and he has seen a lot of my play from the inside, plus some cash game stuff and I really though he was on a bluff. weak means strong etc. I just have the guts to go with my read and that time it was wrong. Results oriented it was a bad play. Actually it was a bad play period. I would have gotten him sooner or later, I was just rushing to do it then because I was afraid someone else would get his chips.

WSOP they show all in with QT suited. I had just had 3 hands in 30 minutes where I had a made 2 pair on flop, bet all the way strong, and opponents 2 outted me for sets each time all with underpairs to board. Then I have 85% of the chips in with KK against the girl Stephanie and it comes AA7. I have to fold for a 2500 bet ibto a 15k pot on flop. I am CERTAIN she had either AA or A7 or 77. so with only 1300 in chips suited overs look ok to play with. I would do it again.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Randy Jensen so unlikrable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you people get how the players' reputations are influenced by TV appearances? Negreanu was godlike and everybody's favourite in HSP Season 1 and now he's a donkey and an annoying person. That's natural of course that people "judge" players by how they are perceived in TV but it exceeds all limits of rationality. One day you're something and the next something else.

Once Randy Jensen is showed to make a good play a couple of times and few of the people here say positive things about him he's back in the neutral zone if not generally liked by all. That's just how it goes, fashion booms come and go. Naturally this is a generalization but still valid nevertheless.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:37 AM

I have often wondered how it is to be a well-known pokerplayer and watch anonymous posters berate you in gruesome ways, just because they have got a miniscule sample of hands to judge you play on.

It must be very frustrating.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:36 PM

Here's a player with over a million in tournament earnings, multiple TV appearances, and experience in playing big tournaments against top players.

Like him or not, based on his play and his personality shown on TV during a select few key hands, I find it strange how people on these boards use a post by him as a lightening rod to insult him publicly and critisize his play.

I think Annie Duke had previously tried posting here from time to time and got flamed merciless as well.

I've been part of these boards for a long time now and i appreciate some of the regular big buyin players coming here under their real name to post.

If people want to ask critical but honest questions, fine, or if they disagree with something and say it professionally fine. But all this worthless venting and insults should stop. It cheapens these boards.

Now along those lines, i do need to ask you something randy.

If you are bringing in 100k, and are worried about being able to compete with $1mill + stacks, just how much do you think you will need to have a big enough stack to compete with the sharks?

Even if you get another $100k (and thats asking alot), will that make a significant enough impact?

And wrt raymer soliciting pieces of himself couple of years ago, he did it and most people seemed OK with it here. Now Randy tries it and gets slammed, but i'd have to admit Randy has a better pedigree now than raymer did at the time of his biddings, so can't really blame him for trying.

On the other hand, you've got to also assess not just the player you'd be backing, but also the fact that your $$$ will be on the line against the very best players in the world, out to play their very best on national TV. Not nearly the same odds as backing a top pro (or anyone) who's just playing the regular circuit.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:44 PM

Ya ya yaaaa but dude, Jensen.... How can you explain that PPT Bay 101 call with A9 against VVP? Cmon man, ridiculous. I'm beginning to think that you are so afraid of being bluffed on tv that you are making the craziest calls that I've ever seen.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya ya yaaaa but dude, Jensen.... How can you explain that PPT Bay 101 call with A9 against VVP? Cmon man, ridiculous. I'm beginning to think that you are so afraid of being bluffed on tv that you are making the craziest calls that I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

He already explained it earlier in this very thread. On this very page, actually...

[ QUOTE ]
VVP in the PPT, we have a history and he has seen a lot of my play from the inside, plus some cash game stuff and I really though he was on a bluff. weak means strong etc. I just have the guts to go with my read and that time it was wrong. Results oriented it was a bad play. Actually it was a bad play period. I would have gotten him sooner or later, I was just rushing to do it then because I was afraid someone else would get his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2006, 09:14 PM

Hi Randy,

You come across as a huge douche on TV.

Love,

SEABEAST
Old 09-20-2006, 02:12 AM

we should all pitch and get one of the HSNL players [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
el diablo, aba, blds, some booody!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Randy,

Serious question (not a hypothetical) from someone interested in booking your action.

If your current bankroll only allows for a single buy-in in this game, how would cover such a bet in the event you got stacked?

PM me if interested and we'll talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypothetically a crossbook can be for a percentage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which could end up being worthless if the loser can't fade the bet.

Obv. conditions would be (1) we both post before taping starts, and (2) win/loss amount must be verified by trusted 3rd party if I'm not at the taping as player or spectator.

As mentioned earlier PM me if you're interested and what percentage/cap you're comfortable with.