Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Failed the field breathalizer, but passed the station test. Now w

[ QUOTE ]
Banks,

This statement:

[ QUOTE ]
A single drink is enough to lower your reaction times.

[/ QUOTE ]
makes the MADD comment warranted. Neo-prohibitionist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement (sez the guy w/ the conviction); seeing it next to your Henry Earl avatar made me lol.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A single drink is enough to lower your reaction times.

I've mentioned this before, but I believe the penalties for this kind of thing are too soft. Start putting people in jail for a few years for their first offense and I bet the number of drunk drivers will significantly decrease.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, a million other things also lower your reaction times. Such as getting an hour less sleep, caffeine, listening to the radio, adjusting the controls in the car, thinking, all other drugs except speed, eating a [censored] diet, sitting on your ass all day, being born with poor reaction times, billboards, flashy things, the sun, and on and on.

Get a grip and stop the regurgitation of MADD [censored]. OR we could use a few years of torture by prison to modify all normal human behavior.

PS did you know there is an idiotic splinter group of MADD that wants to outlaw driving sleepy? Punishable by jailtime? The last person you want to listen to in a policy discussion is an angry mother. Unless you also want a foam padded world.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:15 AM

Leaky,

That's the joke about MADD, the head honchos aren't mothers. They use the mothers for political capital. They're just a horrible group who have strayed far from the original intent.

J
Old 01-25-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are 100% unequivocably wrong. There's really no other way to put it. Have you ever been through a DUI simulation exercise where you witness people go from 0 BAC to well beyond the legal limit? And observe how their motor skills deteriorate after just a couple of drinks? Someone who is a .25 or .30 is often not dangerous - because they're freakin' passed out and probably can't even start the car. People who are in the .08 to .10 BAC area are very dangerous because they often do not believe they are impaired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mythbusters did a show about this. It took a surprisingly small amount of alcohol in their system before their driving skills were affected.

[/ QUOTE ]

You left out the part about how they did worse on the driving course stone sober carrying on a phone conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, talking on the phone and driving is just as stupid as drinking in driving.

I believe the problem is that the driving tests are way too easy to pass. If they made common sense a prerequisite, most of the idiot drunks, cell phone users, stereo blasters, sleep deprived people would be off the road and there wouldn't be so much damn traffic. Oh yeah, and a lot less road fatalities.

All you who are defending drunk drivers. I hope that you never have to experience losing a loved one because some idiot felt he was "okay to drive."
Old 01-25-2006, 03:19 PM

Common sense tells any 200# male that they can have two beers over the course of an hour and drive in a safe manner.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Failed the field breathalizer, but passed the station test. Now what?

never blow in the field, ever. You can get the license back in like 7 days after they suspend it with a lawyer. Don't do any field sobriety tests, don't blow. If you are fairly sure you are guilty just let them take you to jail. They have no proof this way.