Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: 100r hand against Bax.

You need to bet the turn.

There are many more hands that pay you at the turn than at the river. Bax probably thinks he has 15 outs (when he's behind)to lead the turn, he probably has 1/2 that.

Most of the time villain misses the river and you only make T2400 at most. 1/10 times you make T4800 with your minibet when Bax improves. Probably 1/7 times a spade comes and you pay him. Bax probably pays you 4K at the river (more than 2400), he has to have 2pr++.

I think you got a favorable outcome.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:11 PM

I don't agree about this being played like a cash game hand. The general rule of thumb for a cash game hand is to build a big pot with a big hand. Gobbo failed to do this throughout the hand. A typical cash game ploy practiced by Medium Stakes Forum members is to raise the flop in order to push out a hand from bax or to build the pot for a flush.

Then when Gobbo connected on the turn with his flush he continued to keep the pot small.

If it was played like a cash game hand Gobbo would have raised the pot on the flop and shoved the turn. Not call/call,minraise.

He played it like a tournament.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, is someone going to stake Noah already?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna start a new post about this in MTTC because this is a good thread and I don't wanna hijack it.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:18 PM

the more I think about this hand the more I have to say, sorry to say, that Gobbo played this hand awful.

The lead thing that Noah mentioned is correct about strength. Therefore the minraise on the end is really bad as is the call on the turn.

The best line here may be call the flop, raise to 5000 on the turn and if he leads river shove or if checks bet like 8000 (all in)
Old 08-15-2006, 03:34 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
the more I think about this hand the more I have to say, sorry to say, that Gobbo played this hand awful.

The lead thing that Noah mentioned is correct about strength. Therefore the minraise on the end is really bad as is the call on the turn.

The best line here may be call the flop, raise to 5000 on the turn and if he leads river shove or if checks bet like 8000 (all in)

[/ QUOTE ]

I like everything except shoving to his river lead. No way we ever get a call from a worse hand if we raised the turn and still got led into on the river. A river call would definitely be in order at that point.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like everything except shoving to his river lead. No way we ever get a call from a worse hand if we raised the turn and still got led into on the river. A river call would definitely be in order at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we raise to 4000,4500,5000 (whichever) and he calls and then leads river we are almost minraising him all in.

He's almost doing the all in for us.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:46 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we raise to 4000,4500,5000 (whichever) and he calls and then leads river we are almost minraising him all in.

He's almost doing the all in for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, this is true... didn't realize stack sizes. But in general, if bet into again on the river, I wouldn't even waste another single chip raising him.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ah, this is true... didn't realize stack sizes. But in general, if bet into again on the river, I wouldn't even waste another single chip raising him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot think of a single hand Bax could have that calls a turn raise and leads a non-board pair non-4th spade river.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot think of a single hand Bax could have that calls a turn raise and leads a non-board pair non-4th spade river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either. That being said if he calls the turn raise and this type of river card comes (that came) we need to shove.

this whole pot needs to be played much bigger. Its a travesty that the final pot was only t14000 chips.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:54 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The nut flush?