Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Jamie Gold on Rounders the poker show tonite

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What Richard Lee had to say about Jamie Gold.*

http://www.woai.com/podcasts/richard...tinterview.mp3

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha, this one is about as pathetic as the Gold interview. Richard Lee is just completely stuck on the idea that Gold made a donkey call with his QQ vs Lee's JJ, refers to Gold as a calling station a couple times - and doesn't realize he probably shouldn't bluff a call station. He just says over and over "to call with two queens there is horrible, just horrible."

[/ QUOTE ]

They both made terrible plays. Nobody will call that raise. You're getting re-raised all-in if you're beat and people fold if they aren't. By limp-reraising, you don't allow them to play second best hands and lose to you.

Only exception was Lee, who was a donk for pushing with JJ.

As for Jamie Gold: calling him a jerk isn't enough to cover his horrible personality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree that Lee was a donk for pushing it with JJ there. Leaving aside the timing aspect - he had lots of chips left and could have easily moved up the money - he forced Gold to make a big decision and I'm not all that sure that Gold's insta-call was the right one. If you're Gold then what hands do you put Lee on when Lee goes over the top and all in? Are you going to risk your big stack that has taken you so far in this tourney and if you lose this hand will leave you in 2nd place on a coinflip? Cuz that's what it was unless Lee had an underpair. Or even worse if Lee has KK or AA. I think that we are doing more analyzing of this hand than either of these players did at the table. I don't believe either of them when they talk now about how they put the other player on specific types of hands. I think it was a hand that went out of control quickly.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Jamie Gold on Rounders the poker show tonite

Great show, as always, Mike & Adam. I never miss your broadcast. Adam: I'm playing in the O hi/lo at the P Club in Calgary next week and you should come out.

Gold's comments have assured me that my theory on the level of skill involved in the WSOP main event is probably correct. I'd say it's 80% luck and 20% skill with a deviation of about 10% depending on table position. I cannot tell if Gold is serious when he says some of the things that he says. I would assume that he's smarter than he sounds, but he really could be borderline retarded with a Trumpian ego and an untreated harline fracture above the temporal lobe.

A chip and a chair. That's what it takes.