Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Running into the ex-Famous

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was in an elevator with Kiefer Sutherland and his two assistants last week. I made eye contact with him, but then pussed out and didn't say anything, because I feared saying something wrong and being killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have turned to him and said Veratas!

[/ QUOTE ]

gravitas.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:14 PM

Suddenly I am reminded of Joe Strummer of The Clash. I would have loved to have a chance to talk to him. Dunno if I would have been close to cool enough to tolerate, but whatever. I really admired the guy a lot, and was sad when he died.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the Koo Koo Roo in West Hollywood last year and David Faustino (from Married, With Children) was in there. He got one of the clear plastic cups they give you for water if you don't want to pay $1.39 for the big paper cup to get a soft drink, and then proceeded to put Coke in the water cup. He walked away quickly sipping the Coke.

Come on, dude. Stop ripping off fast food chains and pony up the $1.39 for your damn soda. Bud Bundy my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he was practicing Method Acting.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gravitas.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea I know. it was caught and corrected two posts later.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:20 PM

A couple of months ago I saw teen pop sensation JoJo at a gas station in Beverly Hills in the passenger seat of one of the hard-top Lexus convertibles with some dude. I remember thinking she was pretty cute, then I remember feeling very dirty after finding out she is only 14.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suddenly I am reminded of Joe Strummer of The Clash. I would have loved to have a chance to talk to him. Dunno if I would have been close to cool enough to tolerate, but whatever. I really admired the guy a lot, and was sad when he died.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lester Bangs thinks so.

"...[T]he Clash, and Joe Strummer in particular...both impressedd and showed me up for the sometimes hypocritical 'diplomat' [that] I can be. I mean their simple, straightforward honesty, their undogmatic insistence on the truth and why worry about stepping on people's toes because if we're not straight with each other we're never going to get anything accomplished anyway" (Psychotic Reactions and Carburetor Dung, 237).

Anyone who gets a check from Lester is cool in my book.

By the way, Blarg, if you haven't read that book, you should definetly check it out.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:54 PM

saw nas and kelis shopping in the virgin mega store on union square in nyc.. didnt really recognize them until my friend pointed them out... he was picking out dvds to buy at a super fast pace.. must be great to be rich
Old 01-23-2006, 11:03 PM

Ok since we're doing this. I don't work in the entertainment industry but I do live in LA.

1) I've eaten Thanksgiving dinner with Billy Corgan (in KC, not LA). See my previous post in the '3 Truths and a Lie' thread.

2) I've seen Drew Barrymore and Heather Graham make out in a club, while Leo DiCaprio looked on, mildly annoyed. I was rolling on e, so that was nice. When I realized *which* two girls were making out, I felt like I was on the grassy knoll watching JFK get shot. It was THAT momentous for me.

3) I've partied all night with Dabney Coleman.

4) I saw Al Franken coming out of a hotel with his fly undone.

5) I played poker with Wil Wheaton on PS, and he looked me up on this board the next day. We're buds now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Also played live with McAuley Culkin at a $20 buy in tourney in Santa Monica. Nice guy, knows poker.

6) I've partied with he black guy from Swingers all night. We were all supposed to hang out many times after that, but it never materialized. Super cool guy.

Tons of other minor ones, I should make a list. Recently I've seen Michael Keaton and Martin Sheen in the Starbucks by my work. Both look kinda old.