Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Giving the Wal-Mart Associate an \"Extra\" Tip. Got Advice?

[ QUOTE ]
The walmart issue is one of the things that I have a really big problem with people bitching about. Walmart is capitalism at its best, it pays their workers above the minumum wage, it isnt exactly the harshest working enviroment, and it isnt forced labor.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm not really anti-Walmart, and your argument has merit. Arguing that the conditions are fair is legit. Arguing that capitalism automatically gives american retail-shmoes decent lives is flawed.
-Sam
Old 07-19-2006, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The same can be said for almost all labor laws, right? If your job doesn't offer workers' comp or minimum wage or a 40hr work week or unions, quit. If none of the jobs offer those things, it must be because you deserve your lot in life.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant tell if you are trying to be sarcastic in your comments? Are you? Becuase, ya, basically, they do deserve their lot in life.

[/ QUOTE ]We didn't used to have a minimum wage. Then we did. Do you believe this law righted-wrongs, or that it simply gave more money to the lazy people?
-Sam
Old 07-19-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Arguing that capitalism automatically gives american retail-shmoes decent lives is flawed.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

This part I can agree with.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The same can be said for almost all labor laws, right? If your job doesn't offer workers' comp or minimum wage or a 40hr work week or unions, quit. If none of the jobs offer those things, it must be because you deserve your lot in life.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant tell if you are trying to be sarcastic in your comments? Are you? Becuase, ya, basically, they do deserve their lot in life.

[/ QUOTE ]We didn't used to have a minimum wage. Then we did. Do you believe this law righted-wrongs, or that it simply gave more money to the lazy people?
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not assuming that the retail schmoes automatically have a good life, but the simple fact is, they are in that position becuase they put themselves there (lack of education, drive etc), not becuase walmart makes them. I think the minumum wage arguement has little to do with the whole issue, of course i think it righted a lot of companys from sticking the workers in the ass, but that was in the past, its A SUPER different situation nowadays.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they are in that position becuase they put themselves there (lack of education, drive etc), not becuase walmart makes them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. And those dumb Tibetans deserve to have their peoples and culture slaughtered because they're stupid enough to practice a nonviolent way of life. They can be taken advantage of by unethical people so they're fair game. This is what makes the world a better place.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they are in that position becuase they put themselves there (lack of education, drive etc), not becuase walmart makes them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup. And those dumb Tibetans deserve to have their peoples and culture slaughtered because they're stupid enough to practice a nonviolent way of life. They can be taken advantage of by unethical people so they're fair game. This is what makes the world a better place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you drag politics into everything? At least use an analogy that's not completely retarded. WalMart isn't slaughtering anyone.

edit: can we just ban this moron to Politics?

another edit: also, can anyone confirm this moron is also christinab? This is the same crap he/she used to post all the time.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you drag politics into everything? At least use an analogy that's not completely retarded. WalMart isn't slaughtering anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to just completely ignore his comments, its so far off and ridiculous that even though I have absolutely nothing to do today but sit around the house, its still not worth it my time.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:48 AM

All they really have to do is go get a job at Costco. The average regular plain old sales clerk at Costco makes $40k with a few years experience. And Costco is a much better shopping experience. When I go to Costco and ask someone a question they can usually answer my question. Asking someeone working at Walmart a question is a futile effort. I just honestly don't know for the life of me how walmart stays in business, I really think they are going to go the way of Woolworth before long.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: can we just ban this moron to Politics?

another edit: also, can anyone confirm this moron is also christinab? This is the same crap he/she used to post all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can someone change baby's diaper?

There's an ignore button Gunny, why don't you use it instead of constantly crying. Yes we get it. Everyone knows you want to be a mod. Just shutup.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone please confirm that this BLT guy is not just another personality of one of our well-known trolls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's not KKF, Nos1nos2, theredpill, or Dead.