Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 10:36 AM

Default The Second Date

So I met this girl off myspace, things seem to be going pretty well. We previously went out for dinner and a movie and then I dropped her off. We seem to get along quite well.

So I meet here at 5pm near city hall. While I'm waiting for her (because I got there ten minutes early) I watch these guys playing chess. It's mostly old men and this one young black guy. They all suck, but that's ok, because it's not like some sort of chess club right, just some weird old guys playing beside city hall. I stand there watching them for a while but I start feeling really uncomfortable so I sat down on a bench instead.

So she came and we said 'hi' and off we went. We had planned to start with 'new york pita' so we went there and both order the chicken caesar, she paid (I offered of course but I had bought dinner last time). I didn't make a big deal about it but I think I would have preferred to just pay. So we sat and talked and ate. The inside of my pita kept falling out. Normally I'd either scoop it back in or just eat it by hand but I figured that probably wasn't the ideal play, so I just let it go to waste. The pitas were pretty crappy and the conversation was still a little forced but it seemed ok. We were almost a little too polite I guess.

Our first stop was a 'thrift / vintage' store. We walk there (5-8 minutes) and it's pretty hot and I think I started to sweat a little which wasn't cool. I should probably work out. Anyway we get there and the store actually looks pretty lame, but of course I don't say anything like that and say a couple things about how cool it is. Everything is a little over priced but there is one really cool hat I try on. She looks at a few shirts and things. After 10 or 15 minutes we decide to leave. As we're nearing the exit but still looking at things I start talking to the clerk about hats, because he had a pretty cool hat. Here is a replica of the conversation. Bare in mind it was happening incredibly quickly, with almost no time between responses. It was a game of verbal ping-pong.

Me : That really is quite the hat where'd you get it.
Lance : I got it here actually the other day we got this shipment of new stuff when I wasn't here I and looked through it.
Me : Must be great working in a store like this, I mean, instead of going somewhere to shop you can pick up everything while at work, saves alot of time.
Lance : Yeah but I'm basically just a monkey. A monkey that gives change. Wouldn't that be something? I mean, who wouldn't want to get change from a monkey?
Me : I know I would. So long as they didn't attack me.
Lance : And they might, but it's not the monkeys you have to be afraid of, it's the squirrels.
Me : Like, regular squirrels, or those flying squirrels.
Lance : While, the flying squirrels are the worst, but they're not native to this area so it's ok.
Me : They don't really fly either... more like
Lance (cuts in) : glide that's true. They are gliders.

We continue on in this manner and start to debate the merits of a squirrel versus bird battle. Squirrels have teeth, birds a beak and areil capacity. After a few minutes of this insanity I shake his hand and we take off. We're both laughing and I think she was impressed...

The next stop was a used book store. I look for some Vernor Vinge but they didn't have any. We both mostly browsed around on our own, pointing out books we've read. I picked up a few books by Margarat Atwood, some Mark Twain, and a few books on modern science (cosmology type stuff). I don't think she gets anything. I get to casually flash my gangsta roll of hundreds (and since our money is different colours you will almost always notice if you even glance in the direction) but I tried to do it discreetly.

Our next stop was a record store, where we browsed for a while. I picked up a Tori Amos C.D. and something by The Smiths. She got some icelandic pop (I think) and The Tragically Hip, because she's going to a concert w/ her dad to see them. The date was still kind of lame IMO at this point, all we did was shop right.

So we go to another book store, yada yada boring, I make one cool comment "They've got zombie movies, but not really any zombie books, what's the deal here" and it makes her laugh. I pick up three books from the 95 cent pile and the clerk makes fun of me "really broke the bank eh?".

I suggest we go for ice cream or milkshakes so we try a couple places but can't find any until we stumble until this crazy vietnamese place. So I ask if they serve milkshakes and they indicate that they do and bring us a menu. We end up with these strawberry smoothies that are delicious but they had some really strange options, like avacado or 'jack fruit'. Before they arrived the waitress left like a pen and a sheet of paper that you would write the bill on at our table, so we played hang man, mine was 'jack fruit' and she didn't get it, hers was strawberry and I got it without missing a single letter (THINLY VIELED BRAG POST). Half way through I ask for some water and they lady sort of points to this water dispensor and styrafoam cups they have. At this point I'm like, wtf is going on, so when I go back with the waters, I start making fun of the place pretty hardcore to her and she's loving it and starts getting into it. She says "well, maybe they couldn't serve you because they're so busy" (and of course we're the only people in the restaurant). Then we make fun of the strange avatar (the evil man, bull, devil thing), and the fact that the new guy who just walked in ordered the item that was on the cover of the menu. It was really fun and easily one of the best parts of the date... we were laughing and natural and having a great time. After that we check out the last book store, and she says "what now? Should we do something else, or call it a night?" I say "call it a night", which is probably pretty weak, but I'm getting weighed down with books here and I figure it's probably a good idea to get out while the gettings good. So she calls me a cap, I kiss her, just a brief little kiss on the lips, then I kiss her again and it was a little strange (I think I messed up the approach) but I didn't mess it up too bad and it felt great. Then I complimented her perfume ("You smell really good" was my exact words, very poetic I know) and her looks ("You look really good too"). Then I light up a smoke (I'd been dying for one the whole time but didn't want to smoke before I'd kissed her) and my cab arrived. She took off and this guy yells "hey is your cab going towards xxxx" and it was, so he hopped in. I told him about my date, and OOTs banging a girl from myspace.com, which gave me the idea, and we talked about online poker (he plays at pacific). We talked about books too, then he got out and slipped me a fin. The driver and I talked about books and poker for the rest of the ride and he dropped me off.

It was pretty great. My questions are :
wtf should I do for a third date? Dinner and a movie again? SIIHP? Take her to a play?

I am pretty sure she is a virgin and hasn't really dated anyone. How should I approach physical intimacy? I am cool with waiting a while before sex, but what should my general approach be? Wait for her to initiate what she feels comfortable with? Talk to her about it (obv. not yet)? SIIHP?

What should I do to win her heart? Flowers? Chocolate? Nothing?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Re: The Second Date

So she's a virgin who meets strange men off the Internet? Uh, ok.

edit: So what's your goal here? You really like this girl and want a rtelationship? Then stick it out awhile. You want to get laid? Move on. You met her on the internet and she didn't put out by the second date, forget it.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:47 AM

how old is this girl?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:40 AM

how ugly is she?

if she is ugly and doesn't date guys then you need to go drinking with her. so she looks better and so that she loosens up.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:43 AM

Karpinksi,

For the 3rd date, show her the hole in your mom's basement where you are going to bury her. Chicks dig that. Post a trip report.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:44 AM

By OOTs standards I'm sure she's a 4... I consider her a decent 7, but I don't really care about womens looks beyond a certain level. I'll let you decide for yourselves.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:54 AM

So you're dating Lynsey Bartilson from "Grounded For Life"?

Old 06-17-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By OOTs standards I'm sure she's a 4... I consider her a decent 7, but I don't really care about womens looks beyond a certain level. I'll let you decide for yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol a "7"
Old 06-17-2006, 06:38 PM

I think she's incredibly pretty.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

solid 5. may be a bad picture so i guess a 7 is possible. i'll give OP benefit of the doubt.