Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Poker-edge ok at party now????

You are self-serving and full of [censored]. Regardless of the legality of playing online, there is all the difference between doing so honestly with other players, and engaging in cheating or taking unfair advantage in any form, which Party Poker deems your product to be, as do many players. You are engaged in a business to make money, and you don't care how you do it. No doubt you would have no qualms selling bots or instructional e-books on multiaccount tourney cheating. Get the [censored] outta here.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:03 PM

i dont really care about the illegality of it on moral grounds.

my only problem with your "business" is that you are lying about the safety of your program. people need to know that their accounts could be locked for using your program. that simple.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:11 PM

You're product is not allowed on Party. Pushing it on uninformed customers as if it is allowed does make you a scum bag. Playing poker doesn't in itself make me a scum bag. See the difference?

You had a good product that isn't allowed anymore. Move on. And stop misleading customers.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum seems full of righteous people that are so concerned about following rules... however the underlying fact is that playing online poker is illegal in the vast majority of US states!

I was simply updating the forum on the current status of our product - that you can use Poker-Edge on Party and you will not be harassed. If you want to walk that grey line, go for it and make more money! If you don't want to, then don't! In fact, one of my closing remarks was that there are many other sites that you can use Poker-Edge on if you don't want to walk that grey line.

It's hypocritical that people are calling me a scum bag and wishing for me to [censored] die, for the same reason that most of the posters on this internet gambling forum are breaking the law. Let's face it, most of us like walking that grey line, that's why we're gamblers! And most of want to win more money, that's why you are reading this forum. Information is power - that is what i'm providing. Take it or leave it.

Thanks for reading!

[/ QUOTE ]

a) any law involving online poker is hardly definitively illegal

b) lying to your customers is what makes you a scumbag
Old 05-26-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: no problems at party

[ QUOTE ]
I liked to use it previously to open tables and see stats before actually sitting. I assumed that the stats didn't show until you sat with the latest Party upgrade. Is that not the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I used it for as well. I don't know if it can still do that or not either since I don't use it.

[ QUOTE ]
Enforcement is the real issue. I don't believe the sites have the ability to enforce the rule, therefore, this is the reason we see Poker-Edge flaunting this fact for their advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be much more happy if they were doing anything at all.

When they first decided to ban the program, their detection methods seemed to work pretty good.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hypocritical that people are calling me a scum bag and wishing for me to [censored] die, for the same reason that most of the posters on this internet gambling forum are breaking the law.

[/ QUOTE ]
YOU are in business. YOU should be the one on the up and up. You should NOT be pointing fingers at people as part of your sales pitch. The truth of the matter is that if you have to pass blame onto others and look for their faults as a business defense, then YOU are the shady one.

[ QUOTE ]
Let's face it, most of us like walking that grey line, that's why we're gamblers!

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's see. Party's T&C specifically says POKER EDGE IS NOT ALLOWED. Party's email replies say ACCOUNTS WILL BE BANNED OR CLOSED, AND FUNDS WILL BE SEIZED for using POKER EDGE....yet you continue to preach about this "GREY" area. It seems pretty black and white. You are either color-blind or a SCUMBAG LIAR.

[ QUOTE ]
And most of want to win more money, that's why you are reading this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And I want to make more money, that's why I am misleading this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 05-27-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party's T&C specifically says POKER EDGE IS NOT ALLOWED.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't actually true. The T&Cs are here:
http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/terms_conditions/
They say generally that software similar to P-E is not allowed (although using language that also seems to include programs that actually are allowed like PokerAce) but you can quickly search that for "poker-edge" to confirm that they do not mention it specifically. As others have sited, where it is mentioned by name is in a different page on Party's site.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party's T&C specifically says POKER EDGE IS NOT ALLOWED.

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't actually true. The T&Cs are here:
http://www.partypoker.com/about_us/terms_conditions/
They say generally that software similar to P-E is not allowed (although using language that also seems to include programs that actually are allowed like PokerAce) but you can quickly search that for "poker-edge" to confirm that they do not mention it specifically. As others have sited, where it is mentioned by name is in a different page on Party's site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bobby, I've been with Party for a long time and this argument has circulated the zoo for a while now as well. The Unfair Advantage Policy is part of their T&C and is rightfully linked under their clause for anti-cheating software:

[ QUOTE ]
7. Anti-Cheating Software.

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs that are designed to enable artificial intelligence ('AI Software') to play on our Platforms such as, but not limited to opponent-profiling, player collusion, cheating software or anything else that we deem enables you to have an unfair advantage over other players. You acknowledge that the Company will take measures to detect and prevent the use of such programs and AI Software using methods (including but not limited to reading the list of currently running programs on a player's computer) and you agree not to use any AI Software and/or any such programs. To view frequently asked questions about this topic, go to our Unfair Advantage Policy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Their Unfair Advantange Policy talks about "PokerEdge" being detected and is what T&C rule #7 encompasses.

So, if you really want to be a nit, no program is specifically listed on the "T&C of Use" page (neither is having a friend tell you how to play or sharing hole cards over AIM or the phone, or sitting in a room with 3 other players at the same table using different forms of cable/DSL connections). But, their full Terms and Conditions or rules are made up of several pages on the site. There are like 4 or 5 different pages of T&C's and policies. ALL of those are the site's rules.

What I don't understand is how PokerEdge can function now. Was it a recent Party upgrade that no longer administers detective measures, or was it a recent PokerEdge upgrade that circumvents Party's detection methods? All Party sources confirm that PE is still not allowed, and I don't buy into PokerEdge's claim that they lie to the customers because "they have a public image to uphold". Party has changed their terms many times over the years; thereby refuting that statement as well.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:45 AM

Rules ! Rules ! Who gives a damn [censored] ? It's good for my wallet. That's all i need to know. Lot of people are doing it and i couldn't care less if you like it or not. It's to much of a disadvantage to not use it. Do you want play 8 tables with a 1 or 1.5 BB winrate or relax playing 3-4 table at 3-4 BB ?? I know what i want for sure.

Have a nice day
Old 05-27-2006, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rules ! Rules ! Who gives a damn [censored] ? It's good for my wallet. That's all i need to know. Lot of people are doing it and i couldn't care less if you like it or not. It's to much of a disadvantage to not use it. Do you want play 8 tables with a 1 or 1.5 BB winrate or relax playing 3-4 table at 3-4 BB ?? I know what i want for sure.

Have a nice day

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you get hacked.

Have a better day.