Professional/White collar 242 45.15%
Blue collar 39 7.28%
Independently wealthy/Investment income 6 1.12%
Parents 33 6.16%
Government Benefits 8 1.49%
Other 14 2.61%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2006, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Bathroom attendants: tip or not?

[ QUOTE ]
I really really dislike bathroom attendants. I find it very weird for some guy to help me with the processes of washing my hands. I tip sometimes just because I feel bad for the guy. Its also an akward tip. Sometimes I just pass on the washing of the hands, cuz the whole thing kinda creeps me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:57 PM

I find it extremely lame that people are so goddamn cheap that they cant bring themselves to tip a dollar to a guy who's willing to make money by standing in the men's bathroom all night. What a bunch of cheap dicks.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it extremely lame that people are so goddamn cheap that they cant bring themselves to tip a dollar to a guy whose willing to make money by standing in the men's bathroom all night. What a bunch of cheap dicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason I tip these guys most of the time is because i feel sorry for them for having to stand in the men's bathroom all night. But if everyone tipped them they would make 10x more money than I do. Just like some of the beggars on the street who make more money than the average worker.

I feel awkward enough in the bathrooms, and I want to wash my hands. I don't want to feel even more awkward by having to accept towels from another guy.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one more thing to add to this

in nice clubs in thailand, while you are taking a leak, the bathroom attendants (they usually have several) massage your shoulders and rub your back. its quite shocking at first and hard to piss, but once you get that thats just how it is in upper class thailand, and its not some gay [censored], its kinda cool. they are super attentive with the towels and all of that, i kinda feel really bad not tipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Am I the only one weirded out by this? I don't even like to stand next to someone when I take a piss, let alone have someone grabbing my shoulders and rubbing my back.