Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Stupid intern gets owned by boss via email

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This kid was handed a great opportunity and could not even muster up the will to not get black out drunk for one night and show up to his new job the next day. This being on the first day, he also used the family emergency excuse which lacks a lot of class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is it specified that this was the kid's first day of work?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I read the OP incorrectly. I guess that changes things quite a bit.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not that it's really a similar situation, but when I employ students, I understand that they're students first, kids second and employees 3rd. If they wanna take Thursday off 'cause they got loaded on Friday, I don't care as long as it isn't a habit, just don't [censored] lie about it. We know, we're not dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one serious hangover.

[/ QUOTE ]

pre-game hangover imo.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:36 PM

facebook/myspace is the ghey
Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 PM

So let me get this straight, college kid calls in sick to work falsely, goes out and does something normal (parties on Halloween), and his 40+ (I guess?) year old boss makes it a point to embarass him about it in front of the whole company?

Am I the only one who thinks the Boss is the doosh here? I mean, yeah the kid looks ridiculous, but come on, it's a college internship. It's not like he's doing any heavy lifting at his job anyway.

If the boss was cool he would have called him into the office and showed him the pic framed with the boss's autograph saying "Glad you're back!" or something. Would have embarassed the kid but it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Boss 0
intern 0
OOT 1
Wand-salesmen 1
Old 11-05-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So let me get this straight, college kid calls in sick to work falsely, goes out and does something normal (parties on Halloween), and his 40+ (I guess?) year old boss makes it a point to embarass him about it in front of the whole company?

Am I the only one who thinks the Boss is the doosh here? I mean, yeah the kid looks ridiculous, but come on, it's a college internship. It's not like he's doing any heavy lifting at his job anyway.

If the boss was cool he would have called him into the office and showed him the pic framed with the boss's autograph saying "Glad you're back!" or something. Would have embarassed the kid but it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Boss 0
intern 0
OOT 1
Wand-salesmen 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Boss could have sent him an e-mail saying "Don't bother coming back." What he did seems fine to me. The kid lied about a family emergency, he deserves what he gets, especially since he's dumb enough to get caught.

Either ask your boss straight up, or suck it up and don't get bombed on Halloween.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:09 PM

doosh?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm assuming he's going to get canned because he was drinking Busch light?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, you stole my line.
Absolutely he should get fired for drinking that piss-water.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Boss 0
intern 0
OOT 1
Wand-salesmen 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Boss could have sent him an e-mail saying "Don't bother coming back." What he did seems fine to me. The kid lied about a family emergency, he deserves what he gets, especially since he's dumb enough to get caught.

Either ask your boss straight up, or suck it up and don't get bombed on Halloween.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was dumb enough to do everything the intern did, I'd be happy the boss "only" sent a picture I had already posted on a public web page to everyone.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Unfortunately, this guy is probably going to be ok if he handles this properly.

I say unfortunately because he's essentially getting off scot free after being such a raging dumbass and putting crap like that on his facebook page.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:16 PM

i have long since set my profile and photos to private on these sites. do you guys know any stories of bosses looking up info beyond what's publicly available (i.e. snooping around comments for friends who don't work for the company, etc)? to me, that seems over the line.

anyway, if the boss plans on disciplining this kid in any way, what he did was pretty stupid. if he just plans on letting it slide, it's fine, although a little risky if the kid decided to be a bitch about it.