Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: SICK HU Between Rugby and Farha!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not a certain physical tell that will give Sammy an edge. Most high stakes pro's dont put too much weight in physical tells because it's so easy to manipulate them and you just get yourself caught up in a he knows that i know that he knows problems. It's more about just being comfortable playing live with another person, with that much money in front of you. It's about not letting your heart race a million beats a minute when you bluff off 200k. Online there is no social pressure, people feel so confident, aggressive and strong behind the computer and can play great. If you don't have experience doing this live, it's a lot tougher. I can think of several great very aggressive online players I have played live with that really just sat there and played tight. Sammy has been in this spot many times before and is practically ammune to making big bluffs or having a lot of money at stake. This is where Sammy's edge comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. NH, Danny.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of online players scoff at the idea that their play wont directly translate to a live setting. i.e., they win online, they will win live. Online lacks the human element. It's a lot easier to click a mouse for a huge bet than it is to count out the chips and shove them in the middle.

Furthermore, Sammy isn't some mark. He's been gambling for high stakes since before most of us were born. I think people see him play loose/sh!tty preflop in HSP and think he's a total donk. Whatever, I'm sticking to my assumption that Brian is in a position where he could lose a lot, and win a little. I think Sammy will be a million dollar + winner in this match.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, Sammy isn't some mark. He's been gambling for high stakes since before most of us were born. I think people see him play loose/sh!tty preflop in HSP and think he's a total donk. Whatever, I'm sticking to my assumption that Brian is in a position where he could lose a lot, and win a little. I think Sammy will be a million dollar + winner in this match.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched a few episodes and Sammy was mainly playing junk hands and giving action to loose guys like Eli or Matusow. Against others I would say he played quite standard.It looks like he is trying to make an impression he is a lot wilder then he is in fact.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not a certain physical tell that will give Sammy an edge. Most high stakes pro's dont put too much weight in physical tells because it's so easy to manipulate them and you just get yourself caught up in a he knows that i know that he knows problems. It's more about just being comfortable playing live with another person, with that much money in front of you. It's about not letting your heart race a million beats a minute when you bluff off 200k. Online there is no social pressure, people feel so confident, aggressive and strong behind the computer and can play great. If you don't have experience doing this live, it's a lot tougher. I can think of several great very aggressive online players I have played live with that really just sat there and played tight. Sammy has been in this spot many times before and is practically ammune to making big bluffs or having a lot of money at stake. This is where Sammy's edge comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. NH, Danny.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of online players scoff at the idea that their play wont directly translate to a live setting. i.e., they win online, they will win live. Online lacks the human element. It's a lot easier to click a mouse for a huge bet than it is to count out the chips and shove them in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well given Schneids brief update in the other thread in NVG he may be real close to this 1 mill mark right now. Of course we have no idea how close the match is to being over.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:28 PM

nm
Old 06-06-2007, 07:53 PM

does anyone know what happened this night? Any interesting hand? some studip guy called Guser on CR wrote aba is down 4 mil!! Can't believe this guy!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone know what happened this night? Any interesting hand? some studip guy called Guser on CR wrote aba is down 4 mil!! Can't believe this guy!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy is a retarded troll with no life
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that guy is a retarded troll with no life

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it's a guest user, it's not 1 user with multiple personalities.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 AM

Apparently Aba quit for dinner at +$50k overall
Old 06-07-2007, 11:44 AM

Townsend updated his blog this morning:

"Sammy and I played for around 12 hours today. I texted a couple brief messages to Zimba who helps runs things around CR. I wanted to clarify what he mentioned. I ended up 50K for the entire match against Sammy, which is a very good result since at one point I was down ~700K on the day and 1.2 million overall. I mounted a very serious comeback which is quite satisfying.

On the last hand, Sammy wanted to "run it" in Omaha for 100K each. This is where each player is dealt 4 cards, which you don't look at, then the flop is dealt. The first person to act then turns one card up. The next player has to beat the card the first turned up. This continues till one person is drawing dead or all four cards are exposed. I said no initially but he said two times he would put up 105K vs my 100K. I agreed and we spilt the two hands which netted me 5K. Then he took all the money he had in front of him, 470K, and said lets flip you only have to put up 450K. I thought a bit and would have accepted if I could easily get more money to Vegas to replace the loss, but I couldn't so I declined."
Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sammy isn't some mark

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Then he took all the money he had in front of him, 470K, and said lets flip you only have to put up 450K. I thought a bit and would have accepted if I could easily get more money to Vegas to replace the loss, but I couldn't so I declined.

[/ QUOTE ]