Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Over 20% of people in the US think the govt knew about 9/11 in adv

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps that 20% is more knowledgeable than the OP.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/7/124813/4868

[/ QUOTE ]

Or perhaps 80% know better than to rely on the DailyKos interpretation of anything without doing their own research. Have you read Tenet's book yet? Have you seen TV interviews that essentially call Tenet a liar because his version of events is so far from what really happened?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 AM

I would sure like to see a different interpretation of what he said.

And the only inaccuracy found in the book so far involved Perle telling him "Iraq had to pay" for 9/11- which feasibly could just be a mistake about the date of the quote.

If you're claiming the ex-CIA chief is blatantly making completely inaccurate claims on purpose, then I ask you which of us is really the conspiracy theorist.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Democrats Dumber Than Bush? Less Honest than Bush?

[ QUOTE ]
Your posts attacking Bush for lying while justifying the Dems vote for war does more back-flips than an Olympic gymist.....

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously you're not talking to me.

But if you want to call durbin a conspiracy theorist that's all right with me.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Sorry....

[ QUOTE ]
obviously you're not talking to me.
But if you want to call durbin a conspiracy theorist that's all right with me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry........ [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I was typing faster than my mind could think.
Based on the quote, I say Durbin is a serial liar as well as many Dem political leaders. When the polls favored war, many of them voted for war despite their opposition to it. Now that the polls have changed...they are doing more back flips than an Olympic gymist to excuse their votes and trying to make Bush the fall guy for THEIR decision... The foaming-at-the-mouth Dem base is probably stupid enough to believe the latest version of their stories...
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would sure like to see a different interpretation of what he said.

And the only inaccuracy found in the book so far involved Perle telling him "Iraq had to pay" for 9/11- which feasibly could just be a mistake about the date of the quote.

If you're claiming the ex-CIA chief is blatantly making completely inaccurate claims on purpose, then I ask you which of us is really the conspiracy theorist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not my claim, and I havent read the book. It is the claim made by others in the intelligence community/administration on the Sunday morning MSM shows. And it has nothing to do with "conspiracies" it has to do with selling books.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Sorry....

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the quote, I say Durbin is a serial liar as well as many Dem political leaders. When the polls favored war, many of them voted for war despite their opposition to it. Now that the polls have changed...they are doing more back flips than an Olympic gymist to excuse their votes and trying to make Bush the fall guy for THEIR decision... The foaming-at-the-mouth Dem base is probably stupid enough to believe the latest version of their stories...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the truth of the matter is probably something like everybody important knew that wmd was just a pretext. So what durbin is saying is probably true but like you say it was all just bs anyway.

What could be true is that durbin is out of the power loop and so he was kinda threatened with national security and secrecy etc. to keep his mouth shut and not make trouble, because the majority of congressmen they just do what theyre told and it would be easier without any dissent. The fact that durbin voted against the iraq war thingee kinda supports this.

I mean if durbin is out of the loop and tried to rock the boat I guess he's lucky he didn't get anthraxed like daschle, but obviously durbin was too cowardly to open his mouth even though he did vote against the iraq resoltuion.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Poll: 80% Believe Kennedy Conspiracy

[ QUOTE ]

A Recent AOL Poll shows that 80% believe Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone in assassinating Kennedy.

Total votes: 214,707

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...Conspiracy.htm
http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/...0010000000001"",,-1,0,,,,

[/ QUOTE ]