Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

I couldn't agree more with the two comments. You should be playing from the white tees.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:31 PM

Brag: It was a pretty nice day here today and the weather was great for golf.

Beat: I shot a miserable 107. My scores this year are 98,100,100, 107. Needless to say, I'm getting worse each time, haha.

I opened up with a 10 and never looked back [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]Still searching for my first birdie of the year. I've had a few putts for biride but none of them were really within my range.

Oh well, this is the summer I play a lot so I QUIT shooting over 100.

Varience: Found some TaylorMade 5 iron in the woods on 18. Neato.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to be a nit about this, but you should turn that in. If you're already home, maybe you can drop it off in the next day or so if it's not too much trouble. You already have a five iron, now they don't. Besides, there's always an off chance that the club or or set means something to someone.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM

Played nine today and shot my personal best 43. Chip in for par on the first from just short of the green let me know it would be a good day. Iron play wasn't very good, driver was alright, short game was great.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Went from 124 2 weeks ago to 109 last week to 108 today.

From the tips at local course, anyone who knows Rose Ridge or lives near Pittsburgh PM me, I golf 18 every Tuesday and sometimes Sundays also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will put it more mildly than Ghostface, but if you are shooting these numbers you should not be playing the tips. Play as far forward as you can given your playing partners and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I hate being a dick, but its golfers that cant break 100 that play the tips at my course in the summer and put us an hour behind schedule bc they are walking in the knee high grass every hole. If you shoot 110 and know when to drop one in the fairway, etc., rather than spending your allotted 5 minutes searching for a ball thats fine. I do think you will benefit more from playing a shorter golf course though.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 PM

44 for nine holes. Ugh. Dubbed three or four shots, wtf. Throw in a couple stupid three putts and it wasn't pretty.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 PM

38 on easy mode home course. Short game was nothing short of amazing, driving was iffy, my slice is coming back. Gotta realign stance a bit. Iron play was pretty goot too.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Went from 124 2 weeks ago to 109 last week to 108 today.

From the tips at local course, anyone who knows Rose Ridge or lives near Pittsburgh PM me, I golf 18 every Tuesday and sometimes Sundays also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will put it more mildly than Ghostface, but if you are shooting these numbers you should not be playing the tips. Play as far forward as you can given your playing partners and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I hate being a dick, but its golfers that cant break 100 that play the tips at my course in the summer and put us an hour behind schedule bc they are walking in the knee high grass every hole. If you shoot 110 and know when to drop one in the fairway, etc., rather than spending your allotted 5 minutes searching for a ball thats fine. I do think you will benefit more from playing a shorter golf course though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just like playing further back because it makes some of the holes more fun, plus there is usually just two of us golfing and we play quick. We played through another twosome today and ended up 5 holes ahead of them and they were playing from the whites.

FWIW the people I play with all shoot better than me, in the range of about 90-95 or so, and I normally shoot low 100s. We just recently started playing the tips for a slightly different look, playing the whites might knock a few strokes off my game but why rush on a Tuesday afternoon with no one behind us?

Also if we are slowing someone down we will let them play through as we aren't pricks about it.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to be a nit about this, but you should turn that in. If you're already home, maybe you can drop it off in the next day or so if it's not too much trouble. You already have a five iron, now they don't. Besides, there's always an off chance that the club or or set means something to someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq, I turned it in after I put my clubs in the trunk. Never once thought of keeping it. Have no fear. I'm pure of heart, sir.

It was just the most obvious "variance" because it was the first time I'd found one that didn't belong to the group in front of me.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:51 PM

84 with a solid 9 and a sweet 7. Hit 2 OB and 3 other penalty shots. Good followup from my PAT, lol. Highlight of the round was waiting on the 10th tee hoping that the 4 some ahead would let me and my roommate play through. They didnt but one guy took a nice swing at his drive and fell down backwads while hitting the ball straight up and to the left of the tee. The ball ended up about 10 yards left and 5 yards in front of the tee.