No, they deserve your sentiments 61 41.50%
Not sure 39 26.53%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Strange Question for ACists and libertarians

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a veteran I also hope he pulls that in the midst of a group of veterans and they teach him a life long lesson about the practical limits of free speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see your true neo-con colors showing!

Edited to add: I admire you for fighting for your beliefs, distasteful as they may be. However, I would certainly never ask you or anyone else to travel to the nether corners of the earth to get shot at for ME...so let's not act like you did, kthx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what the "lets not act like you did" means, but whether you asked or not, you are in the enviable position of not having to ask. It gets done for you, while you can sit back and act like youre superior for "not asking". I'm still in favor of mandatory service with alternatives, but this board makes it very tempting to favor a military draft again. Some people need to learn that freedom has a big price instead of letting them sit and play their video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're mad because you did something that you feel was important, but other people don't think it was important, so you want to use force to make them do the same thing you did, hoping they'll appreciate it more after they've been coerced into sharing an experience with you.

For FREEDOM!!! LOL IRONYAMENTS

PS: hey old man, us kids are driving the economy so you old fogeys can kick back and collect your sociallist security and play shuffleboard all day. Your free-riding freedom isn't free, chump.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what the "lets not act like you did" means, but whether you asked or not, you are in the enviable position of not having to ask. It gets done for you, while you can sit back and act like youre superior for "not asking". I'm still in favor of mandatory service with alternatives, but this board makes it very tempting to favor a military draft again. Some people need to learn that freedom has a big price instead of letting them sit and play their video games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would totally agree with this... if it weren't for the fact that very rarely is the military used to protect our freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is matter of opinion, not fact. IMO the military has always been used with the intent of protecting our freedom.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:27 PM

And how are you defining freedom? I ask because the traditional definitions make your statement obviously false.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO the military has always been used with the intent of protecting our freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like being free of those pesky Indians so we can steal all their land and resources for ourself.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:54 PM

"
IMO the military has always been used with the intent of protecting our freedom. "

Good thing you crushed those evil Nicaurguans, intent on taking away American freedom!
Old 08-11-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO the military has always been used with the intent of protecting our freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, freedom of Americans was the motivation behind wars of conquest like the the Mexican-American war, and the Phillipine-American war. And those dirt poor Viet Cong guys were about to invade the US for sure. And Iraq, the first time and the second time. And Grenada. And the Spanish-American war; yeah, good thing we stole puerto rico and guam and the phillipines from those dirty spaniards. For freedom! Oh, and the civil war. Nothing better than killing 700,000 americans to prevent a few of them from doing the same thing the signers of the declaration of independence did, it had to be done, to protect our freedom.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain to me how the freedom of Americans were protected in the Vietnam war? Or the Iraq war? Or the war of Southern independence?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain to me how the freedom of Americans were protected in the Vietnam war? Or the Iraq war? Or the war of Southern independence?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Try to halt the spread of communisum
2) Saving poor helpless kuwaiti's
3) Ridding the ppl of evil dictator Saddam which we should have done the first time.

4) The South......

Deleted
Old 08-12-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Deleted

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just making this up. I've lived in the South my whole life and you have to work damned hard to find a restaurant like this. Ignoring the very old, I've heard more racism from northerns in my life than southerners, which is damned hard considering I live in the South! Furthermore, statitics such as proportion of blacks in prison and such, demonstrate that northerners are much more racist.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Try to halt the spread of communisum
2) Saving poor helpless kuwaiti's
3) Ridding the ppl of evil dictator Saddam which we should have done the first time.

4) The South...... Deleted

[/ QUOTE ]

So by your account none of those wars were to protect the freedom of Americans.