Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Shaquille Oneal.....An Epiphany

[ QUOTE ]
Yao can shoot, Shaq cannot. It's real simple. Why couldn't Rodman shoot? Why can't Ben Wallace shoot? Why can't Bruce Bowen shoot?

[/ QUOTE ]
PRACTICE! COME ON MAN, WE'RE TALKING BOUT PRACTICE! NOT A GAME MAN, PRACTICE!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:35 PM

thayer, he was 69% in college, so slightly better
Old 04-22-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. There's no way that there's an athlete with a guaranteed contract would ever give less than 110%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knew someone would say something like this. Ok, you've convinced me...Shaq has never worked on free throws and doesn't think he would be a better player if he was more accurate. He isn't aware this is a weak part of his game and since he's making money he doesn't try to do better in this aspect.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good point. There's no way that there's an athlete with a guaranteed contract would ever give less than 110%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Knew someone would say something like this. Ok, you've convinced me...Shaq has never worked on free throws and doesn't think he would be a better player if he was more accurate. He isn't aware this is a weak part of his game and since he's making money he doesn't try to do better in this aspect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, let me state that I also knew someone would say this, therefore I'm smart too. Look at me guys, just wanted to mention this.

Now on to the rest of my reply ... If you think someone who has worked really hard on his FT shooting can do no better than 52.5%, then ok, you win.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:59 PM

So your theory, to restate, is that every player in the NBA who shoots under 70% from the line is lazy?

Do you have a companion "Why tall people are lazy" explanation?
Old 04-23-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So your theory, to restate, is that every player in the NBA who shoots under 70% from the line is lazy?

[/ QUOTE ]
52.5% over his career dude. Do you realize how low that is? I'm not saying that he's lazy or not. I just said he doesn't practice it. Maybe his priority is working on staying in shape, and working on post moves or something else. I don't know, but it's clear that he hasn't worked on his FT's that much.

Also, Phil Jackson has stated that Shaq was the only great player that he ever had who didn't like working hard. Maybe Phil was lying, but it's possible that Shaq never gave 100%. OMG, I just said maybe he didn't try as hard as he could've, that's unbelievable!?!?!?!?!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:42 AM

It's terrible, but not uniquely terrible. Lots of big men shoot like crap from the line.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:52 AM

This OP reminded me of "Obvious Reporter Guy" from a popular Dallas radio show. They used to love to interview Nash after games when he was in Dallas b/c he would laugh his ass off and loved them, most of the players and coaches would get pissed and call them stupid for asking obvious questions. They would ask [censored] like this:

"Sooooo...if you had MJ, Wilt, and Oscar Robertson in their prime on your team, do you think you would be any better?"

"If every one of your baskets counted 5 points and your opponents buckets all counted 1 point, do you think you would have a good shot at winning the game?"

How about we add a new one! "So if you think Shaq were a better shooter do you think he would be a better player?"
Old 04-23-2007, 01:54 AM

Wilt and Russell sucked from the line too
Old 04-23-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Phil Jackson has stated that Shaq was the only great player that he ever had who didn't like working hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
The same Phil Jackson that bashed Kobe when he wasn't coaching him then backtracked at full speed once he started coaching him again? Yeah, I'd take his word at face value.