Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: wtf stats and crud profit? $200NL

[ QUOTE ]
uhm 20kish hands are no sample size... i know breakeven streches over like 60k hands from solid players... (me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're breaking even over 60k hands at stars 200nl

...problems.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For one, you are over playing too many marginal aces. Try cutting out the Ace-no-kicker/ unsuited hands.

I don't see every hand, but I am going to imagine that you are playing too many hands to be able to profitably concentrate on so many tables.

I would like to add that playing looser from the SB in NL is not the same as putting money into the SB in Limit. If you wouldn't play it UTG, then you shouldn't put it from SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if I am fold A8o utg, I should fold the same hand on Sb when everyone folded? does seem right, there are many hands that I would fold in utg or utg+1, yet would raise nearly 100% when everyone folded to me on SB, am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your are not playing in a tournament, but the A8o is interesting to me. I will raise it from later positions, but let it go from the SB. I don't know how much equity you gain by attempting this kind of blind battle.

I don't normally play OL, but I am goin go start tonight, so perhaps I am missing something?

(edit)For those not in the know, when everyone folds to the SB, it is tradition to chop when playing live, even if you have aces.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:03 PM

I play very tight from the SB, even if folded to me. I just hate being OOP the whole hand.

On the Button, I raise A8o unless I've been really active lately and am due to get played back at. In the SB, I fold it every time.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
losing over 6 gs from sb and bb? and cold-calling too much is out of the question-- i see a problem with OOP play to begin with, maybe thats where that a9 gap comes in... fold more OOP as some general advice

[/ QUOTE ]

Sanity Check. OP is down 7 Gs from SB + BB combined. BUT, if he simply folded every single time he was in blind, he'd be down 13.5 Gs from SB + BB. Doesn't this mean that OP is doing something right here? Or are you supposed to be net up in every seat no matter what?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
uhm 20kish hands are no sample size... i know breakeven streches over like 60k hands from solid players... (me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're breaking even over 60k hands at stars 200nl

...problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolz no, not necessarily. There are plenty decent regs who are long term 1ptBB/100 winners who've had plenty 60k break even streches.

If you're not thinking abot problems in your game there's problems, no matter what you run.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
losing over 6 gs from sb and bb? and cold-calling too much is out of the question-- i see a problem with OOP play to begin with, maybe thats where that a9 gap comes in... fold more OOP as some general advice

[/ QUOTE ]

Sanity Check. OP is down 7 Gs from SB + BB combined. BUT, if he simply folded every single time he was in blind, he'd be down 13.5 Gs from SB + BB. Doesn't this mean that OP is doing something right here? Or are you supposed to be net up in every seat no matter what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many people show a net profit from the blinds over any kind of large sample.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM

christ we need some order around here.
Closed Thread