Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Pet Peeves during live MTTs

[ QUOTE ]
My most hated phrase ever is "pet peeve". Jesus christ it's so [censored] annoying, much more annoying than getting runner runner perfect-ed in a 10K NL cashgame. I feel like a douche even just thinking of it, let alone saying it or titling a thread with it.

Next time, don't be homosexual and just say "Wtf do you hate?"

/rant

[/ QUOTE ]

blow me
Old 08-22-2007, 01:41 AM

Surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet, and it's not specific to MTTs:

When a player deals w/ a waitress and doesn't look at his cards first. Then we all have to wait for the person to complete their drink order and specify exactly how many Equal packets they want w/ their coffee and doesn't stop to think that maybe he's slowing the game down and that EVERYONE is waiting for them.

for the love of god, look at your [censored] hand BEFORE dealing w/ the waitress.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:54 AM

amen
Old 08-22-2007, 01:54 AM

I played one of those $62 Sahara "tournaments" and there was a guy who had absolutely no clue what was going on. THings he did in Level 1:

1. Kept having to be reminded that action was on him
2. didnt protect his hand from people sitting next to him
3. string raise
4. Showed down A-high after calling river bet

I leaned over to this kid who had told me he's a dealer at Ceasars and told him, "Give me even money that this guy busts one of us." He didn't take it and lucky for him because the guy busted me when he turned his 2nd pair into trip 8's against my Queens.
edit: he left me with a couple hundred but i put it in next hand with two rags because Im not gonna sit there short stacked to play for another three hours so I could bubble in that stupid thing.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 AM

sounds like you're bad at prop bets.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:59 AM

Oh, I've played these so-called "tournaments" before. First they ask you for a "buy-in", but then out of the buy-in they take "registration fees" and sometimes even "tips". The "tournament" played just like regular "poker", but every 20 minutes the "blinds" increased. I did really "well" finishing "in the money", but even though I finished 5th I only got 3x my "buy-in" back. The "payout" structure was really "top-heavy".

"oh well"
"CSC"

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like you're bad at prop bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

The odds that I set were as a joke. It wouldnt have been as funny if I said,"hey lay me 6-1 that this guy busts one of us."

can't believe no love for my post. honestly, that [censored] gets me tilted worse than everything else in this thread combined.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
obviously when you're shortstacked in push/fold scenario and you're just bored out of your mind because there's no thinking at all involved in your play but the other idiots at the table take 2 minutes on every decision (not stalling, just because they're retarded) and all you want to do is see if next hand you're pushing or folding. you can't even be excited about doubling up because you still won't have a stack but you end up spending 45 minutes at the poker table while actually thinking about what to do for all of 10 seconds total.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bring a book for breaks and for when I am stuck in push/fold mode for over an hour. So not so bothersome. I like to read books.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can't believe no love for my post. honestly, that [censored] gets me tilted worse than everything else in this thread combined.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because after I lose almost my whole stack I am so tilted that I put the rest in on the very next hand.