Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2006, 06:08 AM

Default Re: iWitness v2

[ QUOTE ]
ferb, that's what iWitness is doing. It shrinks them to keep them out of the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute - should I make this optional? I kinda forgot about that one...
Old 03-22-2006, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I start up iWitness, there may only be 1 $3/6 NL table so it opens that 1 table then opens 9 $2/4 NL tables. However, if down the line, more $3/6 NL tables are started; they are never picked up unless if the one of the nine $2/4 NL tables do not meet the critera. It would be great if more tables of the higher priority open up; it would close down a random table with the lowest priority to allow the higher priority to be opened...

[/ QUOTE ]

It does that. Is it not working for you? Can you send me a log?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do...
Old 03-22-2006, 11:23 PM

Arrrghh... tearing my hair out here... isn't anyone else seeing this?

I switched motherboards/CPU/NIC, I nuked the OS, switched from 2000 to XP, wiped the HD, all I'm runnning is PG, FPHG, party and iWitness.

The non-paged pool, which starts at 30 something MB, quickly increases by leaps and bounds everytime iWitness cycles, by 20-30MB. Within half an hour this pool will be exhausted, the system will become unusable, no programs will launch, FPHG will die, new party tables won't open etc. Game over. And there is no fixing it short of a reboot.

It's not AHK/iWitness itself or any other process that's leaking here but the closest I could narrow it down is the nvidia driver, which not only makes zero sense, but I suspect I'm not the only one using these.

The process is easily visible if you leave task manager running with the performance tab visible. The "Nonpaged" figure in the bottom right corner just keeps increasing when party pops up.

This doesn't happen without AHK, so it's one of the functions of AHK/iWitness that's doing this.

Any ideas?
Old 03-23-2006, 01:30 AM

"The "Nonpaged" figure in the bottom right corner just keeps increasing when party pops up. "

Yes, but on my machines, it goes down too - I presume when garbage collection happens. On my laptop, Party has been up for over 24 hours now without incident, with AHK/iWitness running.

AHK itself is a very stable product, being used in many environments, so I wouldn't suspect it. Party, on the other hand, is an application known to suffer from memory leaks. The problem is almost certainly based on the fact that iWitness keeps prodding Party, and is exposing the memory leaks.

I wish I could offer some real help, but I don't suffer from your problem. :9
Old 03-23-2006, 02:00 AM

Thanks for trying anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] After going completely bald, I finally figured it out - it's Process Guard, of course not before switching out even the graphics card and running numerous virus/trojan scans! Something between AHK and Process Guard makes the normally sane network drivers leak memory like crazy. Which is rather unfortunate.

Oh well, at least I still have SnoopFree..
Old 03-23-2006, 06:10 AM

i wrote a really cheap fix for the ########################Target didn't match table_name problem

i just inserted

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
IfNotInString, is_target, %table_name%
{

string = ####FIRST TRY#########Target didn't match table_name
Log(string)
ControlFocus, SysListView321
ControlSendRaw, SysListView321, %table_name%
ControlGet, is_target, List, Selected, SysListView321
} </pre><hr />

right before the original

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> IfNotInString, is_target, %table_name%
{

string = ########################Target didn't match table_name
Log(string) </pre><hr />

i haven't had any problems since. and even if that ends up erroring we could always add another try
Old 03-23-2006, 06:19 AM

Lol, that works? I feel so stupid now. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I would have never thought this would work but I should have tried at least. You da man. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2006, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol, that works? I feel so stupid now. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I would have never thought this would work but I should have tried at least. You da man. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been starting it over and over, it took a few times but i got this to fail once. i added a second and third try(do you think they should be nested? in case it gets it on the first try but errors later), but i'll wait till party gets busy later on today to see if that can handle everything.
i think the problem is that if party is in the middle of updating the lobby info during the ControlSendRaw it doesn't make the right selection
Old 03-23-2006, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(do you think they should be nested? in case it gets it on the first try but errors later

[/ QUOTE ]

We can just use a loop.

[ QUOTE ]
i think the problem is that if party is in the middle of updating the lobby info during the ControlSendRaw it doesn't make the right selection

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but then why would it fail every time after the original error? Or, why wouldn't it fail when using your method?
Very confusing...
Old 03-23-2006, 07:39 AM

Default Version 2.15

Okay, we try to open the table 5 times now.

I also added something to deal with the various pop-ups(not sure if it will work though, since I have no easy way to test...).