Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Early UFC 74/75 Lines

LOL at just about everything in this thread... i'm going to make a gigantic rundown of everything idiotic, so that we can get drunk later and laugh at idiots (mostly biggums).

1. Houston would KO chuck...

Houston is a wild brawler with a bad record. Chuck is the best counter-puncher in all of MMA, maybe ever. Chuck's entire game is to back up and throw counter punches. He would devour houston alive.

2. Pride >>>> UFC

Maybe by a little, but only ignant foos really think one org. has ever completely dominated the other.

3. 3 of the top 5 MW's are in Pride.

Silva
Hendo
Franklin
Lindland
Filho

Last time i checked, lindland and filho were NOT pride fighters, making the score 2 UFC and 1 Pride... and Hendo is effectively UFC anyways by your logic, seeing as he was in the UFC before he went and raped Pride up.

4. "betting up/down is the same as betting against a line"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. biggums you fool. So you pick a favorite to win, and think you are coooool. LOL. "if you just bet the favorite, you would really win." LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

6. The 65th time i've heard that "Gomi didn't really care, if he really cared LDO he would beat Nick Diaz."

7. [ QUOTE ]
So Crop Cop loses his first fight in a cage and that's all you base it off of. Name the UFC HW's that are better than Cro Cop please (not the ones that come from pride). Crop Cop fights Gonzaga 10 times he wins 8 of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not his first fight in a cage, genius. Also, lol at Cro Cop beating Gonzaga 8 out of 10... I'll take that 80% or as we like to call it "4 to 1" (slow me down if you can't keep up) offer for any amount of money in the world if they rematch ever. Please look me up.

8. [ QUOTE ]
Why bring up Matt Hughes? My point was that Dana likes to give quick title shots to people who don't deserve them...thanks?

[/ QUOTE ]

So the best WW fighter of all time doesn't deserve an immediate title shot? What? Huh? Whaaaa? It's not like he's had 11 title fights (13 if you include the Gracie (nontitle) and Riggs (couldnt make weight) fights). 7 successful title defenses and 11 overall title fights. Show me one other MMA fighter in Pride or UFC who has ever done that. The list is hughes and fedor. Case closed, if you don't think Hughes should get an immediate shot at the title after one fight you are a first-class moron.

I probably missed a bunch of other retarded stuff, but I'll let others elaborate.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:18 AM

hey now, respect the man; don't you know he's the fantasy pick'ems champion?

you think your play-money record is better than his?? i'm gonna need to see proof..
Old 07-17-2007, 01:06 PM

My thoughts:

Gonzaga/Couture

Couture: High kick aside, Gonzaga was fed a style that added up perfectly for him. Crocop can control damage from the bottom well, and will be able to again once he changes his game to suit UFC rules, but has no ability to get off his back once there. Gonzaga will not have such a stylistic advantage over Couture. He is going to have a hell of a time putting Couture on his back in the first place.

I'm waiting on this line, it's getting better all the time.

GSP/Kos:

Couldn't tell you. Hard to say what goes through Kos' mind from fight to fight. He had a real hard-on for standup in his last fight, but that was with a guy that he could match up against. GSP is a higher (harder, faster) level of striking. Does Kos think he can keep up on his feet, or will he admit he's outclassed standing up and play to his strengths? Good question.

Quentin/Dan:

Quentin/Silva 1: Both fought previously that night. Scratch.
Quentin/Silva 2: Won the first round handily. Gassed in the second. Wand was not the dominating fighter in that fight. He was still standing when Quentin ran out of juice and landed a *really* wild punch to set up the end of the fight. (I think it was intended as a body shot, but Quentin ducked down and ran his head into it.)

Hendo/Silva: Wand was not the dominating fighter in that fight, either. So in my opinion, the shared opponent tells us very little.

Quentin should have a heavy strength advantage, which will play out in the starting rounds, and Hendo has a heavy cardio advantage, which will play out later, if it makes it to later. However, Quentin's cardio problems should be partially mitigated by the fact that UFC has 5 minute rounds, as opposed to 10 minutes before the first break in Pride.

I think Quentin is the bet when it gets to pk, as it hopefully will by fight time.

CroCop / Kongo
Kickboxers and Muay Thai... oh my!

The Super Bowl of Striking!

Kongo's problems come when guys don't want to play with his World Champion Muay Thai skills... Mirko has no take-downs to speak of, so Kongo will actually get to use those skills.

Mirko is exactly the same story, simply switch kickboxing for Muay Thai.

This is a pk fight, IMO, perhaps even a Kongo advantage, since he should be better equipped to fight in the clinch.

The Kongo line keeps gettting better and better... I'm waiting til fight time. This has the most value by FAR, IMO.

Bisping/Hammil:

No opinion. Bisping should easily win if he can get Hammil on his back, but Hammil is a great wrestler, that will be a lot easier said than done. Hammil has no ground offence, so he'll need to use his traditional lay and pray for 2 rounds out of 3.

I think the line is good, but I'm really cheering for Bisping. (Or more to the point, against Hammil.)
Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 PM

I dont mean to be off topic here, but this thread seems to have some of the better MMA handicappers in it and i was wondering what site you guys use to view old MMA fights. You can find some on youtube, but other than seeing them live how can you get a feel for different fighter's skills?
Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont mean to be off topic here, but this thread seems to have some of the better MMA handicappers in it and i was wondering what site you guys use to view old MMA fights. You can find some on youtube, but other than seeing them live how can you get a feel for different fighter's skills?

[/ QUOTE ]

dailymotion.com has a bunch of fights.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:53 PM

Sherk just got popped for roids so hes out for a year
Old 07-19-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they had a line somewhere on the chance of this being a false positive... If he's gonna challenge and if his numbers were what they've reported it could well be a false positive due to high protein diet and stress (it does happen)... Or maybe I'm just saying this because I want to see Penn vs Sherk
Old 07-19-2007, 07:41 PM

Everytime I read trixtrix's posts I see ill-intent in his statements as he is out to prove people wrong and make them feel dumb.

Everytime I read Mr.Biggums posts I imagine a young child wanting to honestly explain why he's right, but I see a HUGE HOLES in his logic and his evidence.

I guess i'm trying to find the nice givingness of biggums with the knowledge(lack of bitterness/anger) of trixtrix? I certainly value advice even when it turns out to be wrong as long as probabilistically it was right/made sense but I understand I do not want rationalization either.

Trix trix,any chance you can send me back the Rampage Liddell msg I PMed you back in January? it's not in my outbox and I love reviewing my old thoughts...that one is one I didn't have a chance to jot down in my betting diary.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they had a line somewhere on the chance of this being a false positive... If he's gonna challenge and if his numbers were what they've reported it could well be a false positive due to high protein diet and stress (it does happen)... Or maybe I'm just saying this because I want to see Penn vs Sherk

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no real thing as a false positive( i could argue with you for days about this), but so here's my question...what do you do when a athlete tests positive by accident? It has happened before (IE NITRO-TECH).

My point about a false positive means..even if he didnt' take the drug in the form we know...the metabolites means he must have simulated the same effect anyway. So what is illegal? Taking the juice, or effectively simulating the juice...

I often wonder if I'd come up positive in a test for certain roids because of my complete manipulation of diet and use of natural herbs. Interesting that I smoke marijuana but my tests are always negative due to other factors too...I guess regardless of the truth sherk should use my logic to appeal.

On the last note, I think sherk coming up positive for roids is the worst thing ever for him. He prides himself on being the hardest worker and being stronger and longer lasting than anyone else...but roids takes away that accomplishment. I personally think Nog/Anderson Silva/BJ Penn being on roids wouldn't be bad at all, since they don't rely on the benefits roids gives you to win fights anyway!!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:49 PM

Personally, when reading MMAthreads I get flashbacks from a long time ago where me and my best buddy were 6-7 and argued til we got physical about who'd win between the Hulk and Superman (everyone with a clue knows Superman would win)