Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Israel and the Nuclear Option

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose he voted aginst the law that required non-Muslims in Iran to walk around wearing a badge that denotes their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

As is to be expected from your posts, this is totally ignorant of the facts. There was never any such law.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a serious clown. I quoted directly from your post without altering your words and you did not write proposed; you have edited it to add in "proposed" since I responded it to you. Secondly no such law was ever proposed in the Iranian parliament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know why they put in the 'edited by' and time feature. I have been following this part of the thread and said to myself, huh, I guess he did put proposed in his post(I had not internalized the 'proposed' aspect when reading it originally, now I understand why). I have to agree that that is serious B.S. and shows poorly on BillUCF.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I like is that he wasn't even smart enough to uncheck the "show as edited" box.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:42 AM

If you never been outside of the US and you watch CNN/Faux/CBS/NBC for News, then you do not deserve to comment on this situation. You are brainwashed with what "they" want you to believe.

To the sick people who think that nuking people will solve anything, I pray to God that you will burn in hell forever. My hurt hearts for those who have suffered. Shame on you people. You don't know the truth and you don't know what the Palestinians have been through.

Go do your own research instead of acting like sheep and just being stupid and accepting what the press-titutes feed you.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you never been outside of the US and you watch CNN/Faux/CBS/NBC for News, then you do not deserve to comment on this situation. You are brainwashed with what "they" want you to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that the News channels are all pro-zionism and my writings are mostly against zionism, I would think that this comment would not apply.

Even if I have never been outside the country, I and all others, still deserve to comment on anything I or they wish.

Now, for the facts, I have lived (not just visited), lived on three continents. I get my news from a far wider source of information then many on this forum (from the zionist Arutz Sheva, to the "liberal" New York Times, to the "conservative" Wall Street Journal). So, I guess, by your criteria, my opinion carries more weight than yours (at least until you post your CV [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).
Old 07-17-2006, 11:54 AM

Missles in southern Lebanon are hidden among civilians whether you acknowledge that fact or not. I realize that many of these villages in southern Lebanon strongly support Hezbollah. So disarming Hezbollah of these weapons will inevitably lead to civillian casualties and destruction of civillian property. In my mind that still doesn't mean that Israel's actions are justifiable necessarily. I'm addressing the issue of disarming the missles.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please read the posts before replying to prevent youself from showing your lack of reading skill. I specifically said, "proposed law". This is a fact. I don't know if it was passed, shot down, or still in debate. That isn't the issue. The issue is that it was seriously discussed in Iranian government, but from your reply you must be pro fascism and support the "proposed law".

Anyone who believes Iranian "parliament" is actually a democratic government is living in a fantasy world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose he voted aginst the law that required non-Muslims in Iran to walk around wearing a badge that denotes their religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
As is to be expected from your posts, this is totally ignorant of the facts. There was never any such law.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You are a serious clown. I quoted directly from your post without altering your words and you did not write proposed; you have edited it to add in "proposed" since I responded it to you. Secondly no such law was ever proposed in the Iranian parliament.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Missles in southern Lebanon are hidden among civilians whether you acknowledge that fact or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not. Neither of us know wither way for sure. But the raids have clearly not all been attempts to take out missiles; civilian power stations, residential homes, refugee convoys and more have all been hit causing large scale civilian damage and suffering. The Israeli government has repeatedly hinted that it wants to put "pressure" on Lebanese civilians to turn against Hizb Allah. The current ten to one civilian/fighter casualty ratio is completely absurd.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe, maybe not. Neither of us know wither way for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost certain to be the case. But in trying to be objective, I can understand how this situation came about. That doesn't mean that Israel's response is proportionate if you will.

The reason that Israel gives for at least some the missions is to cut off Hezbollah from being supplied by their allies, namely Syria and Iran. That makes sense actually. Take out the airports, the roads that provide such access, blockade the ports. Now about the part of putting pressure on Lebanon, not sure how much of that is going on. I fully acknowledge that the Israeli missions have killed innocent civillians.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Here comes the Dalek

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually beyond naivete; it reaches into idiocy.

[ QUOTE ]
Since Hezbollah is being directly supported by Iranian troops how should Israel respond to Iran? What options does Israel have?
The only option remaining is a nuclear strike on Tehran.

[/ QUOTE ]Yep, this is the only option. You're absolutely right. Absolutely right.

Who can argue with that? Just let the drip work.

[ QUOTE ]
Israel has put satellites in orbit so they are capable of hitting anywhere in Iran with a nuclear missile.

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely right. Nuclear weapon-carrying Israeli satellites.

And laser beams from the Israeli base on the moon. Don't forget the moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I for one have a hard time believing that Israel is powerless against Iran. I think they have a couple aces up their sleeves that are hush-hush until they need them.

Israel's military has too impressive of a record for me to believe they have not done anything in anticipation of the Iranian threat.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Umm, see the first amendment.

To the sick people who think that nuking people will solve anything, I pray to God that you will burn in hell forever. My hurt hearts for those who have suffered. Shame on you people. You don't know the truth and you don't know what the Palestinians have been through.

Help me out with this one. You pray to God that others burn in hell and you feel sorry for the Palestinians. Are you muslim and/or Palestinian?

Go do your own research instead of acting like sheep and just being stupid and accepting what the press-titutes feed you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please educate us on what research you have done.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this going to leave me, the average, US citizen better off or worse off?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, it depends as to whether or not the states that sponsor terrorism, (Iran and Syria in this case) are annihilated. At the very least rendered nearly completely harmless. Furthermore, to be completely honest I believe that the free world would be better off by exterminating this religious fanaticism completely. If it involves killing women, children and destroying the mosques in which this insanity is taught then so be it. It's time to stop pussyfooting around with it and fix the problem by erradicating them from the earth.

That's my opinion though. Surely there will be those that will tell me how evil/wrong/heartless and insensitive I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

this solution will probably make the fanaticism worse. The fanatics can't beat us militarily, but will use terrorism to "get back at us" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]