Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 04:18 AM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I know it's a large percentage difference, but 11% or 15% meh pretty close guesstimates.

I saw the Lakers were ranked #4 on MSN power rankings last week. Is the NBA really that weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

celts spurs suns rockets thats four lol i think msn power rankings are what is weak.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:21 AM

Default Re: *Official* 2007-2008 LA Lakers \"the year we missed out on KG\" thre

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I know it's a large percentage difference, but 11% or 15% meh pretty close guesstimates.

I saw the Lakers were ranked #4 on MSN power rankings last week. Is the NBA really that weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

celts spurs suns rockets thats four lol i think msn power rankings are what is weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

this dude has the bulls ranked second to last. how do these people get jobs?
Old 11-13-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
50/50 to beat the rockets IN houston??? WTF!

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that was probably too high, especially for playing at Houston. However, I will say I don't think the Rockets are that much better than the Lakers at this point. This is dependent though mainly on the shooting consistency of the guys not named Kobe or Derek. We'll have a better idea after some more games how consistent this team can be. Look for them to finish right where Houston does. I think both these teams are better than the Jazz and the Nugs.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 AM

The Lakers look surprisingly good and hopefully Lamar Odom will just add to that. I would guess they have about a 25% chance of beating SA with all the rest they have. I think people are forgetting that Houston will be on it's second night of a back-to-back as well, but they'll probably have more rest as they are playing the Grizzlies. Probably about the same chance to win. I'm sure they would be ecstatic to get out of Texas with a 1-1 split.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah that was probably too high, especially for playing at Houston. However, I will say I don't think the Rockets are that much better than the Lakers at this point. This is dependent though mainly on the shooting consistency of the guys not named Kobe or Derek. We'll have a better idea after some more games how consistent this team can be. Look for them to finish right where Houston does. I think both these teams are better than the Jazz and the Nugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe better than the Nugs but definitely not better than the Jazz or the Rockets. Y'all are deluded.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe better than the Nugs but definitely not better than the Jazz or the Rockets. Y'all are deluded.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the Lakers have taken the last 3/4 against Utah going back to last season but I could be wrong about that.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

prop bet?

fwiw, the only team that MIGHT be 50/50 in houston right now would be san antonio, and even then i doubt it. houston is a top tier team, and top tier teams are never underdogs on their home court.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:13 PM

The Lakers are nowhere near Houston and LMAO @ better than Jazz and Nuggets. Please, bet for any amount of money.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Given odds I'd bet on LA > Denver. I think they're pretty close.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:25 PM

The Lakers will be lucky to get anything higher than a 7th seed. It's really doubtful.