FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which RB to start?
Julius Jones @ Was 0 0%
Fred Taylor vs. Ten 2 100.00%
Wali Lundy @ NYG 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: This forum needs a makeover

Thanks for the response. I didn't see it til the bump for some reason.

I just look at this forum and it looks like a gigantic standings sheet. I do not bet on UFC but I like reading the threads each month. It is the only real discussion that goes on. As I wrote, and someone else did in this thread this is a discussion forum. I personally enjoy that than reading a bunch of posts that are nothing more than stat-keeping.

A UFC event has what, 8 fights on it? I don't see much of a difference from that for a night of baseball. All the discussions of each fight fit into that thread.

I was going to keep going, but all I've said is the same things over and over again. I would suggest trying it the alternate way for like the first 2 weeks of May and see how it goes. Just trying to get something going that encourages more togetherness, than individuals since that is really the point of a community.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:14 PM

Just to be clear, you want to see every poster's picks on 16 different games, and all responses, etc in one thread?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 AM

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, obviously not everyone here is going to be picking every game or posting picks every day. I would prefer to read one thread 16x as long than 16 seperate with no actual discussion taking place. That may just my personal prefernce.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Short answer, yes.

Long answer, obviously not everyone here is going to be picking every game or posting picks every day. I would prefer to read one thread 16x as long than 16 seperate with no actual discussion taking place. That may just my personal prefernce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you accept a compromise with three threads for different start times?

I'm with Naj on this that I'd rather have 16 threads, (in fact if I'm honest I don't mind how things are now as I kind of like the scoresheet feel) but I'd be willing to try three where discussion would move from thread to thread with the start time.

The other option would be to give Performify another forum to put plays and picks in, as his only options right now are lock/don't lock and he rightly favors free speech.

Lori
Old 04-25-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The other option would be to give Performify another forum to put plays and picks in, as his only options right now are lock/don't lock and he rightly favors free speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for completeness, here's everything a mod can do with a post:

Edit it (marks the post with the mod's edited by tag every time, no option not to)
Delete it.
Move it and all replies to it (from threaded mode) (this creates a new thread with the same title - can not be used to merge threads)
Lock/unlock a thread.
Sticky/Unstick a thread (no sticky may be unlocked per 2p2 policy).
Old 04-25-2007, 02:15 PM

It's not really about me accepting a compromise. I don't care how it is structured. I would just prefer to see a discussion group based atmosphere than the scoresheet look. Whatever the majority wants should be what gets done. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not really about me accepting a compromise. I don't care how it is structured. I would just prefer to see a discussion group based atmosphere than the scoresheet look. Whatever the majority wants should be what gets done. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what the chances are of getting a sub-forum for picks and stuff allowing us to use this forum for discussion?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what the chances are of getting a sub-forum for picks and stuff allowing us to use this forum for discussion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be the same as Sporting Events?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be the same as Sporting Events?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what I had in mind, I was more thinking that this forum would look the same as now (maybe with more game threads) but the new one would have any thread with YTD in the title.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:33 PM

I can float it up to the brass.

if the traffic is there, 2p2 is generally open to discussion about a forum to support it.

Basically sounds like we're talking about a similar split to the way the MTT forum split, with a split of "Sports Betting Community" and a "Sports Betting Picks" or something similar.