Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
for PA
does work with fulltilt resize table, all the stats would be off to somewhere.
for PT and PA. does not work with vista areo.
that's another beef.
second, i just brought PT and PA two month ago, if i have the spent same amount of money again. i'll give hold'em manager a try.
but if PA/PT offer upgrade discount to current customers. I won't mind buying both software, and run them side by side to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

For FT resizeable tables, download the latest beta version of PA Hud.

As for existing PT + PA Hud users, the new software will definitely be available to them at a discount.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on a somewhat serious sidenote, i think PT is currently on the edge of what poker sites should allow us to use while playing.

once it (or the RVG's utility) crosses the line it appears to soon be crossing, poker will take another large step towards unprofitability, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always been careful when adding features to PA Hud that I don't cross the line of making the software "too powerful" and risk bringing the wrath of the poker sites. I believe this is very important and is something few software developers actually take into consideration.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
on a somewhat serious sidenote, i think PT is currently on the edge of what poker sites should allow us to use while playing.

once it (or the RVG's utility) crosses the line it appears to soon be crossing, poker will take another large step towards unprofitability, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also inevitable.

Edit: it's also a discussion that should take place elsewhere.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:16 AM

Better hand replayer thats for sure

Like replay everytime you had AA and saw a flop.

and you can look at how they went.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always been careful when adding features to PA Hud that I don't cross the line of making the software "too powerful" and risk bringing the wrath of the poker sites. I believe this is very important and is something few software developers actually take into consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]
so your in constant contact with mainframe sites like PokerStars and FullTilt asking what they will and will not accept, correct?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:45 AM

A filter which would surpass PO's.

A filter which would incorporate bet-size data.

A filter which would incorporate betting patterns.

Hand-replayer with customizable stats.

A filter which would incorporate pot-equity in certain situations.

The ability to infer how an opponent may alter his play with regard to position via PAHUD (beyond att.steal:PFR).
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 AM

You need to make it easier for the player to research his/her game. It should be able to get answers to questions like:
Are my net results playing in this position normally distributed or are they skewed in one way or another or heavely affected by a few outliers, any discernable trends or patterns?
How does my results playing suited connectors differ from other (winning/losing) players in my data base, any discernable trends or patterns?
How does my session-by-session results correlate with my session-by-session post-flop aggression, any discernable trends or patterns?
In short, structuring the DB so that the indivuidual user can look for whatever trends or patterns he/she wishes should be key.
Don't only keep track of the calling/betting/raising frequencies, keep track of the amounts as well, both in multiples of big blinds and pot size at start of street.
You also should be able to ask questions like, "what is the pot size distribution on a specific street, in absolute amounts/BBs/or players still in hand?" And following on that thought, "how are my hand-by hand results affected by pot-size / stack-size relations, given different hand types / position / opponet post-flop aggression, any apparent correlations or discernable trends or patterns?"
I am not saying that the questions above all are good ones or that I would ask them all myself given the opportunity. I am saying that the software and DB need to be structured so that they can be asked and answered, if the player so wishes.
There should also be room for custom calculations and DB fields. For example, to get a quick feel for whether an opponent is positionally aware I would like to be able to create and store a ratio between flops seen from an early position and a late position.
As for the HUD it should be easier to change layouts and transfer those between tables and sites. As it is now, if you want to change the content displayed you have to do it table by table and site by site, unless you want to go through the slow process of tweaking each and every table layout after a new export/import.
That about covers it...
Oh, and I noticed you took some crap for posting this request. I see nothing wrong with your post as your competitors are free to read my sugestions as well.
I am no DB expert, but I have developed a good brain for thinking about similar DB / research software issues in my professional life, so don't hesitate to ask me for additional feedback
Good luck,
Old 07-09-2007, 08:30 AM

Many of these are covered already but i guess you make a straw pole of how many people ask for a feature so here are mine.

Microsoft SQL Express 2005 would be nice if possible though not a drop dead requirement

3/4 bets stats

Evaluation of running good or bad, similar add ons are out there but i would like to see an accurate graph of if i am running ahead of of behind my expected win rates etc. i.e. If i go through a downswing i would like to see if this is because i am running bad or just playing bad type idea.

HUD and PT all integrated and installed/updated as one application.

HUD ability to display stats based on position, eg SB stats and estimated ranges associated. With big enough samples these would be refined based on hands seen in this position and possibly detail shown as pop up when clicked (be even better if then when someone 3bet/4bet the HUD range dynamically changed based on 3 bet range etc) Simple example if i get 4 bet and 4 times this guy has done it and only ever showed AA it would be nice to know (and fold most likely) Range would be given along the lines of top 15% hands etc related to Slansky ratings or similar mechanism, eg if i drag Pokerstove to top 15% hands it shows me the range.

Speed with larger databases, which then allows me to keep all hands in one databse.

Ability to have one Database then only show hands related to it, ie Headup and 6 Max in same database then just show 6 max in one database. At the moment i can't play HU and 6 Max on the same site at the same time as autoimport sticks them in the same DB and right now i need them separated.

Easy to setup database access from multiple machines so i can use my portable in another room and use a database stored on a "server" machine which i normally use.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:32 AM

HUD support for iPoker and a quicker way to replay hands by just clicking on the table and saying reply hand.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:44 AM

I'd like to have my HUD stats viewable on the hand history replayer.