Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Account Policy

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding Changing of account names for high stake pros:

THIS STINKS TO HIGH HELL!!!

So Antonious (and who knows how many others) are able to get many $100K of unjustified action as an "unknown whale" until the new SN is somehow discovered? WTF??? All the while play money players are denied rakeback when they finally deposit because "we only allow one account per person, and you knew no better than to sign up via our website, lol, TY4rake".

Wrong IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree fully. full tilt is a joke in this regard. sbrugby has even publicly stated on his blog a while back that he made a new screenname becuase he wasnt getting action. urindanger has like 5 accounts. some shortstackers have multiple accounts so they can rathole without waiting. its a joke

im thinking of pulling my 6 figure account outta there
Old 11-06-2007, 08:19 PM

Do you people know how to open accounts on FTP? It takes all of 2 minutes. You goto gmail, hotmail, or yahoo.com Create a new email, takes 30 seconds.

Go to full tilt and create new account, you dont even have to type in a name or address. Log onto your other account and transfer new account money. Your in business playing on an account. You can do this unlimited times, FTP does not care.

Obviously I think red flags would go up if you used two accounts at the same table or tournament, but if you only use one at a time, I see now problem. If it were not allowed, FTP would make it a lot harder to open a new account.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 PM

i'll look forward to OmahaDoc80's forthcoming thread: "Full Tilt closed my account and are being unfair"
Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM

Blackize:

While I completely see what you're meaning in your posts, I definitely think you're missing something. If PA wanted to ignore the railtards, he could shut off observer chat. That's pretty simple.

There is absolutely no reason for him to want a new account other than the fact that he wants to gain an edge on opponents that wouldn't normally play him. Here is evidence of him basically pointing this out.
go to 3:34

Even if you don't care, it's a pretty old, but cool video anyway.

Also, you pointed out that he brings a certain amount of business to FTP because of people downloading the software to watch him play. I see what you mean, and kind of agree, but if that's the case, they should sign him and put his name in red. I really can't believe that there are a lot of people telling their friends that they should download FTP software because Patrik Antonius is playing under the name Luigi66369, nope wait, Finddagrind. I can't believe that the casual observer would care that much to seek out Antonius that way and bring in more rake than the average $.50/$1.00 -$3/$6 NLHE grinder that wants to change their name for the exact same reason as Antonius.

Just a thought. No trolling intended.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:54 AM

You do make some good points. That video is still loading for me, but I'll take your word for it that he changed names to get an edge. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you pointed out that he brings a certain amount of business to FTP because of people downloading the software to watch him play. I see what you mean, and kind of agree, but if that's the case, they should sign him and put his name in red.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he has to agree to the terms of being signed. I'm sure FTP has made unsatisfactory offers to him. That still doesn't change the fact that people see him on Poker After Dark or whatever and then go on Google to find out more, discover his screen names at Full Tilt, and download the software.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that the casual observer would care that much to seek out Antonius that way and bring in more rake than the average $.50/$1.00 -$3/$6 NLHE grinder that wants to change their name for the exact same reason as Antonius.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. I forgot to mention a big reason that FTP should be willing to bend the rules for players like PA before. They make a ton of money just on interest on players like PA with million dollar balances in their accounts.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You do make some good points. That video is still loading for me, but I'll take your word for it that he changed names to get an edge. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, you pointed out that he brings a certain amount of business to FTP because of people downloading the software to watch him play. I see what you mean, and kind of agree, but if that's the case, they should sign him and put his name in red.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he has to agree to the terms of being signed. I'm sure FTP has made unsatisfactory offers to him. That still doesn't change the fact that people see him on Poker After Dark or whatever and then go on Google to find out more, discover his screen names at Full Tilt, and download the software.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that the casual observer would care that much to seek out Antonius that way and bring in more rake than the average $.50/$1.00 -$3/$6 NLHE grinder that wants to change their name for the exact same reason as Antonius.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. I forgot to mention a big reason that FTP should be willing to bend the rules for players like PA before. They make a ton of money just on interest on players like PA with million dollar balances in their accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason i never knew this. pretty obvious now that you pointed it out.

i really wonder what kind of deal FTP offered that he turned down and what kind of deal he has with Martin's Poker.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 PM

This is an online poker business not an egalitarian civil rights democracy. Douches who expect/whine for the same treatment as someone way more important than you...LOL @ UR SOUL
Old 11-07-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an online poker business not an egalitarian civil rights democracy. Douches who expect/whine for the same treatment as someone way more important than you...LOL @ UR SOUL

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so you and Brad Pitt committ a joint murder...

Obviously he should get a much more lenient sentence because he is wayyyyy more famous and rules can be bent for him, but not you.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so you and Brad Pitt committ a joint murder...

Obviously he should get a much more lenient sentence because he is wayyyyy more famous and rules can be bent for him, but not you.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm...I think you missed the first sentence of his post. His argument is that a poker business is NOT a democracy, so what's the point in debating him by comparing a poker business to a democracy?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, where in this PM is there anything relevant to Full Tilt account policy, which is the theme of this thread.???

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said there was anything relevant to Full Tilt account policy.