Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: We don\'t have Dr. Pepper, but we have Root Beer

[ QUOTE ]
quids,

Guinness, wtf?

The proper beer to use in a flaming Dr. Pepper is a fine malt liquor, preferably Mickey's.

[/ QUOTE ]

progression on a typical winter night for me:

sober
hey lets go get some guinness and chill out at the bar by the fire

buzz
hey lets do some irish car bombs

drunk
hey what other [censored] can we do? how about some flaming Dr Ps!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive had both, only guiness does it for me.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
similar

Me "i'll have a mt dew"
Waitress "we don't have mt dew but we have sprite"
Me "wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff".

[/ QUOTE ]

Homer: Now what do you have to wash that awful taste out of my mouth?
Vendor: Mountain Dew or crab juice.
Homer : Blecch! Ew! Sheesh! I'll take a crab juice.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the guy selling?

All I can make out is something that sounds a lot like "club kabash"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was some sort of kabob of weird meat. I can't find that part of the transcript. Do they even show that episode anymore? I thought they stopped airing it because it had the WTC in it.

EDIT: Found it. Khlav kalash. I can't seem to figure out what it is, but I did find two clips of it...one in German and one in Spanish.

[/ QUOTE ]

He says Klau Kalash it looks like but other than the Simpsons episode I can't find anything else on the internet that describes what it is.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How the [censored] am I supposed to slam a guiness? I'm pretty much the fastest beer drinking I know, and guiness would own my damn soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try an Irish Car Bomb sometime. It's definitely more possible than you'd think.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What I was going to add, however, is that I've always wondered why so many restaurants will feature Coke products...with Dr. Pepper (I believe McDonalds is the latest to do this).

How do those agreements get structured? Coke agrees to supply the beverages to the restaurant, but somehow doesn't get pissed that they sell a Pepsi product (Dr. Pepper) instead of Mr. Pibb? Doesn't seem like Coke would be willing to do this. Who knows?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr pepper is not a pepsi product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Pepper

Dr Pepper is a caramel-colored, carbonated soft drink marketed in North America by Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages (CSAB), a unit of Cadbury Schweppes. The headquarters of CSAB are situated in Plano, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. The ownership of the trademark varies in other countries, although most non-U.S. territories are controlled by The Coca-Cola Company.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:35 PM

Something I have seen recently that I am kind of excited about is a few different fast food restaurants now stocking DIET Dr Pepper at the fountain. (Last one I saw this at was a couple weeks ago when I went to Chic-Fil-A).

This needs to catch on, only having one diet soda option sucks, plus DDP > Diet Coke
Old 07-18-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How the [censored] am I supposed to slam a guiness? I'm pretty much the fastest beer drinking I know, and guiness would own my damn soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

its all in your head, guinness draught actually is pretty comparable to bud light as far as cals/carbs and alcohol content.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a big fan of Irish Car Bombs then, I guess? Take too long with that one and the cream starts to curdle.

I don't know what the hell guids is talking about, though. I've never seen a FDP done with anything other than normal beer, and it always tastes like Dr. Pepper to me.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its all in your head, guinness draught actually is pretty comparable to bud light as far as cals/carbs and alcohol content.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the calories, it's the thickness. I haven't had one in a while, but seems like it would be slamming a milkshake.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I used to be an avid Dr. Pepper drinker, and since have gone back to mostly Coke, but I still enjoy it from time to time. However, at restaurants, I ask for Dr. Pepper and they tell me they don't have it, but have root beer.

Am I missing something here? I can't figure this out -- the two drinks do not even taste remotely similar, and I hate root beer.

Nobody I know has a clue, either.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was at Pizza Hut with a friend a few years ago and he ordered a root beer. The waitress then says, "I'm sorry, we don't have root beer...but we do have wild cherry Pepsi!"

We were baffled and still joke about it today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan,

You are your friend need to get better stories. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

"Yo dude, remember that one time when the waitress asked if I wanted Wild Cherry Pepsi? That was [censored] classic. Good times, good times..."

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, thankfully it only comes up when we go to Pizza Hut, usually in the form of:
"Wanna go to Pizza Hut?"
"Yea, I wonder if they have wild cherry Pepsi"
Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the calories, it's the thickness. I haven't had one in a while, but seems like it would be slamming a milkshake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since Guinness uses beer gas for carbonation, not straight CO2, its definitely not all in his head. Very different mouthfeel.