Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Re: HSP 9/04

[ QUOTE ]
Negreanu's thought process during these hands is mind boggling. First, he announces out loud that he knows he's beat. Then, he starts to price himself into calling. Then, he thinks about the ton of hands that beat him. Finally, he announces out loud again that he doesn't know what EL has, and calls. He just cannot fold a hand anymore. It's a far cry from the laydowns he was making during wsop 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]

The craziest thing is when he says "I can't put him on a hand, I can't put him on a hand" and shakes his head in disbelief. With a paired board, is it really that hard to put him on a hand that makes his play make all the sense in the world? He wasn't even calling out hands that would beat him, only hands that wouldn't beat him. Seriously it makes my head hurt each week when he does this.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Greenstein always advocates how he always bets and doesnt give free cards away, now hes checking his fullhouse behind on the turn. This should let alarm bells ring go off to your opponant. Why did he check the turn, also gabe said it was a very good play...jeh maiby for other players but I thought barry was agressive always in there betting?

also still love ya barry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2006, 11:00 AM

I'm always amazed at the number of hands these guys play, especially in raised pots. It seems like they should just be bleeding chips off calling raised pots with 5-6 os. I know I play way too tight, but how can they not bleed off chips playing such a high percentage of hands. DN and Eli especially seem to do this.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm always amazed at the number of hands these guys play, especially in raised pots. It seems like they should just be bleeding chips off calling raised pots with 5-6 os. I know I play way too tight, but how can they not bleed off chips playing such a high percentage of hands. DN and Eli especially seem to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

DN is obv on tilt
Old 09-05-2006, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Negreanu's thought process during these hands is mind boggling. First, he announces out loud that he knows he's beat. Then, he starts to price himself into calling. Then, he thinks about the ton of hands that beat him. Finally, he announces out loud again that he doesn't know what EL has, and calls. He just cannot fold a hand anymore. It's a far cry from the laydowns he was making during wsop 2005.

[/ QUOTE ]
Daniel just is not as good as the cards made him look a few years ago nor as bad as the cards make him look today. He and Erik have some history so where you or I might fold he may have thought he knew something that warranted a call. Additionally I take everything Daniel says at the table with a grain of salt. He started as a pool hustler and has a lot of hustle left in him.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking about that last night. Almost any raise under 10k or so, seems to be called by limpers. At this level, is there no difference in a “hand you want to see a cheap flop with” and a “hand worth calling a raise with”? I honestly can't remember seeing anyone ever limp and then fold to a 4x-6x raise.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does greenstein still donate his winnings to charity? or is that only in tourneys?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he donatated "all" his winnings, how exactly do you think he would make a living?
Old 09-05-2006, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Benza got his butt handed to him at the end of that episode, bs if that was scripted, i doubt it

[/ QUOTE ]

are you guys complete morons? of course it was scripted.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:45 AM

A few of my thoughts on the show:

I think Daniel could have gotten away from the hand against Erik if it was against someone else. These guys obviously have some history and he just couldn't discount the fact that Erik could be bluffing. I thought Erik played this hand as well as the hand where Barry tried to slowplay him with a flopped full house very well.

Erik played the hand where he turned the OE straight and flush draw really bad. If he was more shallow he could of raised allin, but with as many chips as he had the best move is clearly to just call on the turn. Having to fold to a reraise is a disaster.

Eli plays bad and he constantly shows the tell of being interested in props when he has a strong hand.

David played his to flopped draws quite well.

John Juanda and David Grey played the hand vs Barry quite poorly. Let's see:

David raises with 99 (fine)
Barry calls with AKs (fine for stack size)
John reraises with 99 (bad time to reraise light)
David calls with Barry yet to act (Bad, bad, bad)
Barry pushes (nice overlay for a probable coin flip)
John folds (small mistake, having David yet to act is tough)
David folds (getting 2 to 1???? wtf, is he under-bankrolled for this game?)
Old 09-05-2006, 11:49 AM

just a question, I don't get HSP over here. Is Benza the same guy that got in a fight at the howard stern show?
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/...ard_Stern_Show