Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: The Well: Velocity

[ QUOTE ]
lol im obv just playing around.

i am a HUGE ricky fan, and he did go to iowa for a year. not sure how involved he was beyond basketball though.

velocity,

do you go to iowa??

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason ricky only stayed one year is because he was going to fail out. i don't think he was that involved with other stuff much. we're the smallest school in the Big Ten (Northwestern doesn't count) but there are still 30,000 students so you don't run into a lot of people.

Yes, I do go to Iowa. Triple majoring in Statsitics, Mathematics w/ empahsis in Econometrics, and Accounting.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you mean by this is that the 5BB pusher into your 10BB stack probably has a much tighter range than the 10BB pusher into your 5BB stack, right? If not, please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact opposite. Winning the blinds means more the the 5bb stack so he will likely push wider. Also, I meant more that the 10bb stack is normally risking 10bbs vs someone else so he is likely to be tighter. You have to look at everyone's stack sizes, not just yours and the pushers when trying to decide a range.

Yea, i was bad and called waaay to much for a long time. Good thing everyone else was awful and I was a huge lucksack.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Ricky Davis more Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson?

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the need to answer this after watching Davis loaf on defense and pout all year. Comparing him to Michael and Magic is absurd. He's more like a poor man's Tony Campbell with a bad attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't everyone in the NBA loaf on defense? eh, I don't really watch the NBA at all.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Ricky Davis more Michael Jordan or Magic Johnson?

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't deserved to be mentioned in the same sentence as those two. If he had stayed around 4 years him and Dean-0 could've made a final four run then he'd probably be the Jordan. He's more Carmelo Anthony, snitches die video style.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right about undeserving of being mentioned in the same sentence with the other two guys, buy comparing him even to Carmelo is waaaaaaaaaaaay to generous.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT and FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a cocky d!ck when he was in high school, but we would still go nuts when he dunked it cause nobody else could. Guess thats what you get for living in a small Iowa town.

Velocity,
Can you give an example of a big hand that should be played in a big pot and a small hand that should be played in a small pot?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has there ever been anyone who balled harder from 35ft than Chris Kingsbury?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kent MacCausland
Old 02-23-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He was a cocky d!ck when he was in high school, but we would still go nuts when he dunked it cause nobody else could. Guess thats what you get for living in a small Iowa town.

Velocity,
Can you give an example of a big hand that should be played in a big pot and a small hand that should be played in a small pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one else in your high school could dunk a basketball? Jeeez DM Roosevelt>>>Davenport North I guess. Even I used to be able to dunk a basketball.

Big hand=set/straight type stuff can be played for stacks
TPTK/weak overpairs=best for smaller pots unless you're up against complete morons. My plan when I flop TPTK in a SNG is usually to get all in by the river. This is not my plan when playing 100+ BBs deep most of the time.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 PM

I went to Muscatine and North was a rival team. I knew Ricky through friends that went there. We had 2 people on the basketball team that could dunk when I was in high school and they were brothers. Thanks for the response.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 AM

How much do you think mental attitude plays in your results?
For example when you 'know' villain is going to hit his 2 outer on the river he always seems to.

How do you change this mindset?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much do you think mental attitude plays in your results?
For example when you 'know' villain is going to hit his 2 outer on the river he always seems to.

How do you change this mindset?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mental attitude has a big effect on results. When you are confident in your game, and think you are going to win, you play better which leads to winning. When you don't feel like playing or think you are going to lose you often play worse and thus lose. WRT your example you're brain has selective memory, when you think he's going to hit the 2 outer you remember the times he does a lot more than the times he doesn't. I also figure I'm going to suck out if I get the money in bad, helps me remember that I'm a huge luckbox. It's more fun to play with the mindset that you are getting lucky than getting screwed, even though long term the results even out.

To change your mindset, when you suck out, type SKILL GAME into the chat. It's fun, and when you are happy you are more likely to play well than if you aren't. Plus even if you don't, your happier than you were.

Ego plays somewhat of a role in this, if you think you are the [censored], you play better than if you think you suck. A great philosopher once said, "The key is to walk around like you're the man, and I am the [censored] man." I may have fixed the spelling a bit but it still holds.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:02 PM

I just lost 10 buyins last night at 600nl, is that standard or do I just suck..