Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you cashed out your Party Bankroll?
Yes 228 37.62%
No 262 43.23%
No - but plan to soon 116 19.14%
Voters: 606. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: How long have checks from poker stars taken you?

FWIW I am consistantly receiving my checks in a timely manner.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:51 AM

Requested my check on the 17th, it arrived today, however, it wasn't issued until the 23rd. Came regular mail, cashed it with no problems.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:06 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments and posts regarding the delivery of checks from PokerStars. Since there were a number of issues raised I thought it would be useful to go through them and respond. To give you some background information our main check provider did stop sending all US Dollar checks at the end of February. We immediately introduced another provider which did not result in any delays with sending checks to players in the US. We have since then introduced another new provider and are looking to integrate more so as to maintain the availability of this service. Most of the following information is specific for our US players.

Delivery time of the checks

Reading through the thread there are clearly different experiences in terms of how long the checks take to be delivered. With all of our checks we indicate a delivery time of up to 15 business days (Monday – Friday). This allows for the difference in processing times with the check providers and the partners which they are using for the delivery of the checks. In general we do not see that there has been an increase in the time for delivery with the new check providers which we are using. Unfortunately with all of our current suppliers we are dependent on the postal service for the delivery of the checks so there will be cases of some items not being delivered. In these instances we ask the provider to cancel the check for us and we return the funds to the player account. Whilst this is frustrating for players it does sometimes happen.

How are checks being delivered at the moment?

Whilst one of our suppliers is using the priority mail service not all of them are. The differences in delivery times experienced by our players may be a result of the various providers which PokerStars is using in the backend. We cannot guarantee that a player will always receive a cheque via priority mail – we have to use a number of providers and balance our outgoing volumes between them. From our experience we find that there are cases where some checks take longer to be delivered than others and that 15 business days is a good timeframe to wait before cancelling the check and requesting a new one. Please note that there is a time taken from when PokerStars process the checks to when the supplier actually sends them – this may add a day as the supplier prints the cheques and prepares them to be mailed. I’m sure that we have all encountered different delivery times with mail in the past and that the experience with our checks is no different.

The amounts which can be requested by check

The limit on individual checks for players inside the US is $5,000. This amount may increase as we introduce other providers however in an effort to maintain the longevity of our processing relationships we will need to keep this amount at a reasonable level. High value cashouts will need to be processed as wires.

Availability of courier checks

Unfortunately our check processors are not able to provide this service to any US players at the moment. We are looking at finding a replacement though we do not have any timelines for this. Courier checks remain available for most countries outside the US where customers are requesting checks in currencies other than USD.

Are delays to encourage the use of PayTru?

Absolutely not! We would never deliberately delay a particular service so as to favour another option. We aim to provide the best level of service for our customers and never to hinder them from receiving their funds. We very much regret any delays or inconveniences which some of our players have experienced through this recent transition and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to all affected players.

Thanks,
Paul
PokerStars Payments Team
Old 04-27-2007, 04:41 PM

Method: Check
Amount: 1700
Requested: 4/17
Postmarked: 4/24
Received: 4/27
Old 04-27-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
............Unfortunately with all of our current suppliers we are dependent on the postal service for the delivery of the checks so there will be cases of some items not being delivered. ............................Please note that there is a time taken from when PokerStars process the checks to when the supplier actually sends them – this may add a day as the supplier prints the cheques and prepares them to be mailed. I’m sure that we have all encountered different delivery times with mail in the past and that the experience with our checks is no different.............

[/ QUOTE ]

I requested a check on the 17th of april. It arrived on the 25th. However, it was not issued untill the 23rd.

USPS = 1 day
You = 7 days

In my entire life, of all the letters I have ever mailed, the USPS has never lost or significantly delayed a single one. Please stop using the USPS as a scapegoat simply because it takes you 7 days to print and mail a check.

Edit to add: I am not complaining, you guys are much better then alot of other sites and you were within the 15 day window. I just think the delay's have a lot more to do with your processors and alot less to do with the USPS.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:15 PM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

ummm... i just got this email

no checks to NY????

"Dear player,

I am very sorry to have to inform you that our cheque processors have just recently temporarily suspended issuing cheques for residents of the state of New York. It is envisaged that this restriction will apply for about a month.

I am afraid this has meant that the processing of your recent cheque request has been delayed, but please rest assured your funds are absolutely safe.

We apologise profusely for this inconvenience. We had hoped to immediately switch to a replacement provider. Unfortunately, this has taken slightly longer than we had hoped, but is now expected to take place early next week when your cheque will be processed immediately.

I will write to you again then to confirm when your cheque is sent for processing. In the meantime, once again, please accept our apologies and thank you for your understanding in this matter.

All the very best,"
Old 04-27-2007, 09:32 PM

It's good to see a PokerStars Payments rep on here apologizing for the delays and trying to fix the problems.

[ QUOTE ]
In my entire life, of all the letters I have ever mailed, the USPS has never lost or significantly delayed a single one. Please stop using the USPS as a scapegoat ...

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[ QUOTE ]
I requested a check on the 17th of april. It arrived on the 25th. However, it was not issued untill the 23rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my bad luck at the tables carries over to my check cashouts, as I seem to have had the worst experiences of anyone on this board. I have already had 2 checks cancelled. From the next set of 3 checks I requested, I received 1 in a timely manner (about a week), but will soon have to cancel the other 2 as one is over 15 days and the other is nearing 15 days. So, I'm running about 33% on my cashout races [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2007, 10:12 PM

Can you fly to their office and get a briefcase full of cash?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Requested - 4/11
Processed - 4/19
Postmarked - 4/20
Received - 4/25
Bounced - God I hope not
Old 04-28-2007, 12:17 AM

I just received the same NY email

[ QUOTE ]
Dear player,

I am very sorry to have to inform you that our cheque processors have just recently temporarily suspended issuing cheques for
residents of the state of New York. It is envisaged that this restriction will apply for about a month.

I am afraid this has meant that the processing of your recent cheque request has been delayed, but please rest assured your funds
are absolutely safe.

We apologise profusely for this inconvenience. We had hoped to immediately switch to a replacement provider. Unfortunately, this has
taken slightly longer than we had hoped, but is now expected to take place early next week when your cheque will be processed
immediately.

I will write to you again then to confirm when your cheque is sent for processing. In the meantime, once again, please accept our
apologies and thank you for your understanding in this matter.

All the very best,

Nigel
Payment Services Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooo, is my check going to take a month or a week?