Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 03:47 PM

Default Re: wow people in the main event play bad

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the dinner break a woman with 40,000+ chips who I had as a major target called off in one hand $35,000 of those chips on a 55Kxx board. She had K9 and was obviously beat by a 5 but just kept calling. It hurt to watch because I wanted those chips!

[/ QUOTE ]

Question, why would you have HER as a major target, just because she was a woman?

I mean unless it was an limpfest prior to the flop, I wouldn't put anyone (IE: The blinds) on a 5 myself, so I'm guessing she felt her kings (top pair, and most likely good kicker) were good.

If you are saying that just because she's a woman, I'd LOVE to have YOU at MY table sometime, because I'd bust your azz for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pathetic.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the dinner break a woman with 40,000+ chips who I had as a major target called off in one hand $35,000 of those chips on a 55Kxx board. She had K9 and was obviously beat by a 5 but just kept calling. It hurt to watch because I wanted those chips!

[/ QUOTE ]

Question, why would you have HER as a major target, just because she was a woman?

I mean unless it was an limpfest prior to the flop, I wouldn't put anyone (IE: The blinds) on a 5 myself, so I'm guessing she felt her kings (top pair, and most likely good kicker) were good.

If you are saying that just because she's a woman, I'd LOVE to have YOU at MY table sometime, because I'd bust your azz for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... you're divorced, right?
Old 07-09-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... you're divorced, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought 1: What an outlandish hypothesis to make.

Thought 2: yikes, he's probably right.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:14 PM

Probably just that time of the month. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the worst day1s saw or heard about? abe mossieri had a guy move all-in on him with AJ on a 89TJ board at 50-100. -ba

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy at my day 1 table was routinely open shoving UTG and in mp for 80k (with a few 60k stacks behind him) at the 200-400,300-600,400-800 level.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not at all because she was a woman. For the first level I thought she was pretty solid. Then she became very predictable in her play, misread a few situations, and got most of her chips in hands she should not have been in or just got lucky in. I had a very good read on when she was strong or not.

More importantly, the player with the 5 was even more obvious in his play. Several times he had bet the flop got called then he slowed down indicating if he missed or kept going if he hit it. He also would fold to test re-raises if he missed and she had two chances to try that to feel him out.

There were others I had as targets as well, but she allways called if she had top pair pf and allways folded if she missed and the player to her left was a rock so it was easy to isolate her when she was small blind and 1/3 times she would fold to a 2bb bet on the flop.

Need more?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's cool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Had you mentioned that before, I wouldn't of read into it (your statements) as I had.

I had just come off of recently a table at binions where I had a few guys at the table who felt (and said so, loudly) that as a woman they felt I didn't deserve to be seated there, with guys. Thus, on my side, I guess I let it color my judgement when I was reading your story.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty pathetic (from pokernews.com):

The Second Bust Out of Day 1b

One player raises, and gets four callers. Five players see a flop of K-Q-4 with two spades. The original raiser bets 1,000, another player raises to 3,500, and the raiser calls. (The other three players fold.)

The turn card is the {9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]}, putting three spades on the board. Unfortunately, we don't know how the action went on the turn.

The river card pairs the board with another Q, so the board is K-Q-4-9-Q with three spades. There's a lot of potential on that board.

On the river, both players get all their money in the pot. The original raiser excitedly says, "Top pair" and shows K-J offsuit. He has two pair, kings and queens, with a jack kicker. The other player says, "Full house," and shows 4-4 for fours full of queens.

The player with K-J missed being the first bustout by about a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holdem High Low is fun.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculous reach imo. Are you always this defensive about women? Replace "woman" with "man" in the above post....would you think that he was viewing her as a target only because he was a man or would you think that maybe it was due to his/her play previous to this hand?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Is it true that women don't drive well?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:55 PM

Poker is fun, for everyone....