Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 6 Max fundamentals for SSNL players

I raise often in lp if folded to. I also like to limp if one or two players have limped with connectors and small pairs in lp. I certainly don't raise as often as OP, maybe because raises aren't always respected at .05/.10.

I play well after the flop, my stats are: 41/9/.064. However my flop aggression (a.k.a. picking up pots when checked to in position, betting draws) is 3.2.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise often in lp if folded to. I also like to limp if one or two players have limped with connectors and small pairs in lp. I certainly don't raise as often as OP, maybe because raises aren't always respected at .05/.10.

I play well after the flop, my stats are: 41/9/.064. However my flop aggression (a.k.a. picking up pots when checked to in position, betting draws) is 3.2.

[/ QUOTE ]

you won't be able to win with these stats as you move up
Old 10-29-2006, 09:29 PM

LOL check this out...

Im new to NL and just play stars $2NL (full and 6max) while I build up some loot getting ready for $10NL.

Before this post my numbers in PT were...
11% VPIP / 3.5% PFR / 3.08 AF / BB/100= 23.37

After using the ideas point out by OP...
18% VPIP /11% PFR /6.67 AF/ BB/100= 39.36

Raise that [censored] up!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again for taking the time to help out those of us that are still learning the basics. I have a long way to go still but its a start. (and my cards are still as [censored] after the article as they were before I read it)
Old 10-29-2006, 10:22 PM

Why fold suited connectors and suited aces UTG? At a passive table it seems you want cheap flops with these hands.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may think you play well, but playing the way you are playing now will cause you many many difficulties in the road ahead. Trust me on this, from someone who has played close to a million hands, learn to play correctly now.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why fold suited connectors and suited aces UTG? At a passive table it seems you want cheap flops with these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

New players make so many mistakes out of position post flop in raised pots that playing suited connectors is -EV UTG. Don't open limp them because limp-calling a raise sucks big donkey ass, might as well just raise it preflop and keep being the aggressor on the flop.

Thing is, playing too many raised pots out of position is just chip spew.

At a weak tight passive table, transitioning into a LAG 30/20+ type of thing is the correct play. But you need a lot of post flop experience to try and play LAG.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL check this out...

Im new to NL and just play stars $2NL (full and 6max) while I build up some loot getting ready for $10NL.

Before this post my numbers in PT were...
11% VPIP / 3.5% PFR / 3.08 AF / BB/100= 23.37

After using the ideas point out by OP...
18% VPIP /11% PFR /6.67 AF/ BB/100= 39.36

Raise that [censored] up!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again for taking the time to help out those of us that are still learning the basics. I have a long way to go still but its a start. (and my cards are still as [censored] after the article as they were before I read it)

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahah these micro stakes guys are so cute.

That's why I posted this article down here, you guys are so harmless. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2006, 11:21 PM

Another thought...

How can you c-bet the flop regardless of texture?
Shouldn't the decision be based on several factors so that each situation called for a specific action.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:29 PM

Because both your hands most likely missed the flop. Your C-bets will take down the pot most of the time regardless of what it is. Most of the time they fold.

Some flops I may not bet, 10% of the time it is a specific situation resulting in me not making a c-bet.

Read Doyle brunson's super system for reference. He wrote how some days he would be so cold decked yet he would still force himself to keep betting and betting with nothing and that idea kinda stuck to me.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:32 PM

I find that the majority of the $25 tables to be loose and passive/moderately aggressive and so when I limp with 76s UTG most of the time it is not raised. Also, when I flop draws I can count on most players not betting enough to protect their hands.

And if I do get raised, I have no problem folding.