Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Guys going Tanning

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously, if people need to spend money to 'tan', they care far too much what other people think about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a cop-out.

How does wanting to look better equal having low self-esteem?

I think calling tanning gay means you have low self-esteem and aren't secure in your manhood and I don't even tan.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:56 PM

People who dont care how they present themselves to others are usually anti-social morans, or just honestly dont care how successful they are.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:03 PM

Do people realize tans aren't healthy? I don't care whether or not people tan, but to artificially tan to "look good" is silly. In 50 years when you have skin cancer, I'm sure that you are going to be glad that you spent those hours in the tanning booth to be attractive
Old 07-14-2006, 07:05 PM

I am proud of my naturally tan legs and white as ghosts feet and show them off any chance I get.

It means I spend my time/money golfing, not trying to look fake so other people with "like" me.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:12 PM

fwiw, my hairdresser says that the ratio of guys to girls that go tanning is 60% girls 40% guys
Old 07-14-2006, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am proud of my naturally tan legs and white as ghosts feet and show them off any chance I get.

It means I spend my time/money golfing, not trying to look fake so other people with "like" me.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I live in a [censored] climate where there isnt sun all year around. Having nothing to do with tanning really, not caring about the way you present yourself, which IS what you were implying early is what I find retarded.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do people realize tans aren't healthy? I don't care whether or not people tan, but to artificially tan to "look good" is silly. In 50 years when you have skin cancer, I'm sure that you are going to be glad that you spent those hours in the tanning booth to be attractive

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting in the sun once in awhile IS healthy. Im glad that C Everret Coop has made you his bitch, but in reality anything in moderation isnt that bad for you.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:20 PM

once in awhile yes, people who go to tanning booths regularly are not getting exposure "once in awhile"
Old 07-14-2006, 07:21 PM

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> People who dont care how they present themselves to others are usually anti-social morans, or just honestly dont care how successful they are.
</pre><hr />

um, or they are already really successful.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
once in awhile yes, people who go to tanning booths regularly are not getting exposure "once in awhile"

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually most tanning booths now have the type of UV that doesnt cause cancer, from what I have been told. But, I think even once a week (if you dont get out in the sun much) isnt excessive. Of course, it also varies with your skin pigmentation, my family is fairly dark to begin with, I could be out in the sun 50 hours a week and i probably wouldnt get cancer, an Irishmen couldnt pull that off.