Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: The mark of the douchebag

[ QUOTE ]
I too have played nice courses... Whistling Straights, TPC Jasna Palana, Pine Meadow, Black Wolf Run.... never really concerned with the tags.... not even sure if there are any on my bag now. If they are, I sure didn't leave them there to tick you off and make you consider me a douche.

I can see if you would have said leaving a seasons worth of ski lift passes on your ski jacket, but golf tags?

[/ QUOTE ]

So lift passes on a ski jacket, no good but tags on a golf bag, fine because you do one of them?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:49 AM

Kot,

I don't "make sure" that I wear it, but I'll admit that it takes precedence over a same shirt that doesn't contain the event logo. Honestly I don't pay a lot of attention to what I'm wearing, I just want to be comfortable and not look too goofy. I think life is too short to grind over stuff like this, man.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, a much truer sign of the douchebag is a tattoo. Pretty much any kind, except if you got it in the military.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're labeling way too big and diverse section of the population for this to be correct whatsoever. You obviously thought of one exception (military) while thinking for the 10 seconds it took you to type your post. There are obviously tons of others as well.

For the record, I hate tattoos, I just don't agree with the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think are good tattoos? I've now done a minute of thinking on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a different question. The reasons behind getting the tattoo are going to be the most telling of whether or not the person is a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

well if it is so obvious, what are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy got a tattoo of his dad's initials with angel wings over top of his heart. His dad passed away when he was younger. I don't consider this douchey in any way, and seems like a cool tattoo.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wow yeah that would be a terrible idea!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it really is.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you noticed this, but all four of those links have the exact same tone as your post. Basically they think it's lame because....well, because they think it's lame. No reason really. And they feel the need to rip on people.

This is the kind of petty crap that bugs me. I mean, does anybody really care about this kind of stuff? tbh I don't think they do, it just makes them feel good for whatever reason to pick on others for stuff that is absolutely inconsequential. Because if they picked on people for stuff that actually matters, they'd have to back it up with logical arguments, and that's a scary thought for some I guess.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bluetooth headset

[/ QUOTE ]

This one resonates.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I was actually thinking about getting one of these. No way in hell I'd be caught dead using it any other time than when I'm driving my car, but surely that's acceptable, no?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:04 AM

op - i think you did a good job. here are some more - sorry to offend the many douchebags reading.

gold watches
really any jewelry on guys - i guess wedding rings are ok

miatas
boxsters
wow pretty much any "roadster" - benz slk, TT etc

tanning - i did it when i was younger but i was definitely a douchebag back then

highlights

the guy who knows everyone at the gym is always a douche
Old 08-24-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bluetooth headset

[/ QUOTE ]

This one resonates.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I was actually thinking about getting one of these. No way in hell I'd be caught dead using it any other time than when I'm driving my car, but surely that's acceptable, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is fine, and practical. Douchebags use the bluetooth as some sort of status symbol that everyone must see at all times.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:09 AM

Actually it probably makes me the douche for hating them so much, but I had a joygasm watching one of these pole smokers get into a low speed collision with a car.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wow yeah that would be a terrible idea!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it really is.

[/ QUOTE ]

KotOD,

How do you feel about wearing, say, a Seattle Mariners jersey to a Seattle Mariners game? Or, say, a 2001 Seattle Mariners AL West Champions shirt to the next Seattle Mariners playoff game you attend?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:20 AM

emon,

I'm gonna be honest and say that people who wear sports jerseys to game generally suck - I don't think that makes them "douchebags" per se, but that they trend towards being blue-collar weirdos. I have not a single friend who has ever worn a team player jersey to a sporting event, ever. But I do see a lot of guys with mullets and wispy mustaches sporting them along with their sweet jeans shorts and tennis shoes.