Default Re: Heroes Premiere TONIGHT, Sept. 24th

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], Sylar's back! Also...

[/ QUOTE ]

He is? Where?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, that was Peter I think.

And can we discuss what was in the previews or are we still calling that out of bounds or white texting it?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I hope this Chuck show gets picked up.

Dead serious, 10 mins left but it's the best pilot I can remember watching in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am stuck between whether this is supposed to be ridic obvious sarcasm or is serious. I watched it on demand but thought it was pretty terrible, which seems completely on par for everything McG has anything to do with.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:40 AM

a lot of weird/bad conclusions in this thread. Brazil? Chemistry? Sylar? I mean, mb to all of it, but very weird stuff to nit on.

episode was pretty meh.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 AM

Someone pointed this out on another board, but what Mohinder was talking about in the first few minutes is a complete ripoff of X-men's Legacy Virus (A virus only attacking humans but eventually attacks normal people)
Old 09-25-2007, 12:56 AM

Aw snap...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 AM

Questions:
What is Maya's power? I figured they both had some sort of super endurance thing going on since they said they had been running for 800 miles. But whoa at the truck scene, and ideas and what her power is?

Are we suppose to deduce that Nathan has some dual personality-mirror thing going on? I don't think we are, but what we saw in the mirror looked like what technically should of happened to his face after he flew away with Peter at the end of season 1. This is my take on what we saw in the mirror but I don't know why we saw it.

Sylar is definitely back, or at least his character is, maybe he lost some powers?

What's the deal with Peter being locked away in the cargo box? It seemed like Nathan knew what happened to his brother but his Mom doesn't, or maybe does but feels guilty about what they did. Seems like its not going to be a fun season for Peter. Also he still has some of his powers after probably four months of isolation. Why didn't he just super power his way out of that thing?

Wtf at flying dude spying on Claire. Did he know something about her from the beginning?

Who was the dude that killed Hiro's father? At first I thought it was Peter.

Also i forget but was it Claire's dad talking to Suresh on the phone at the end? Do you think they had something to do with Hiro's father's death? (assuming that was him on the ground)
Old 09-25-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored], Sylar's back! Also...

[/ QUOTE ]

He is? Where?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, that was Peter I think.

And can we discuss what was in the previews or are we still calling that out of bounds or white texting it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I don't think things that were visible in previews should warrant mod action. If you're downloading spoilers from advanced episodes off the internet, that's uncool, but if it's been aired on network TV, I think that's more than fair to discuss here. People reading this thread should go into it with the understanding that anything that's been aired on network TV at the time of their opening the thread (in any time zone) is fair game to discuss w/o any white text crap in the threads on a particular show.

As for Sylar being back, he was shown in the previews.

I was really happy with this premiere. Parkman taking four bullets to the chest and living requires suspension of disbelief, as does Nathan Petrelli flying away far enough to live, as does Peter being found in a cargo crate, but I guess we'll see when/if this show deals with those issues, esp. the latter two. OTOH, displaying potential has always been this show's strength. I'll continue to hope for bona fide climactic battle sequences later in the season, but for now, I'll continue to watch hopefully.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:59 AM

Man, amnesia is so gay.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:03 AM

jg,

I doubt Parkman, Suresh, and HRG had anything to do w/ Sulu being killed. I think that was The Company offing one of their own that had gone rogue.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:04 AM

I thought it was god awful.

I forgot how bad the acting, pacing, and writing is on this show