Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Can Christians Accept A Ressurection Within The Laws of Physics?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Meanwhile I can't help but wonder how guys like BluffThis, Not Ready and Txaq react when they read your quote above.

[/ QUOTE ]

John 20:
27Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."

[/ QUOTE ]

I responded to this in an earlier post on this thread.

PairTheBoard
Old 05-24-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I don't understand why the resurrection is the central belief of Christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Resurrection is vital to the Religion and fullfills the Faith. In a world filled with hate, revenge, and selfishness, where the strong abuse the weak and he who Takes Gets, how can we believe that the meek will inherit? How can we believe that a life of Love isn't a sucker's play? Doesn't all the evidence around us show that Hate is stronger than love? Revenge more successful than forgiveness? The Selfish get ahead? The Old Testament anwered this by declaring God's vengence on the unrighteous.

Jesus transcended that paradigm, pointing out to us how we are all subject to such shortcomings in our hearts. His solution is the Spirit of Love which he declared would in the fullness of time prove triumphant over the spirit of hate. The Resurrection is Spiritual Proof of this truth. Even after nailing Love to the Cross and killing it in the flesh He rose from the grave. Love Lives. Hate cannot kill it. Love even conquers death. That's the Faith of Christianity.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant a physical resurrection.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I don't understand why the resurrection is the central belief of Christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Resurrection is vital to the Religion and fullfills the Faith. In a world filled with hate, revenge, and selfishness, where the strong abuse the weak and he who Takes Gets, how can we believe that the meek will inherit? How can we believe that a life of Love isn't a sucker's play? Doesn't all the evidence around us show that Hate is stronger than love? Revenge more successful than forgiveness? The Selfish get ahead? The Old Testament anwered this by declaring God's vengence on the unrighteous.

Jesus transcended that paradigm, pointing out to us how we are all subject to such shortcomings in our hearts. His solution is the Spirit of Love which he declared would in the fullness of time prove triumphant over the spirit of hate. The Resurrection is Spiritual Proof of this truth. Even after nailing Love to the Cross and killing it in the flesh He rose from the grave. Love Lives. Hate cannot kill it. Love even conquers death. That's the Faith of Christianity.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant a physical resurrection.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my view, what I described is the Central belief for Christianity. People have adopted a belief in the magical rejuvination of the corpse so that they could have a stronger sense of the resurrection's reality. There's been little harm from this in the past because it allowed people to come to the Faith that Is Central. The physical has been a path for them to the Spiritual. But it is the Spiritual which is Central. And the path of the physical has now become an obstacle for the modern seeker. The time has come to discard it. The truth was in the Spiritual to begin with.

PairTheBoard
Old 05-24-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my view, what I described is the Central belief for Christianity. People have adopted a belief in the magical rejuvination of the corpse so that they could have a stronger sense of the resurrection's reality. There's been little harm from this in the past because it allowed people to come to the Faith that Is Central. The physical has been a path for them to the Spiritual. But it is the Spiritual which is Central. And the path of the physical has now become an obstacle for the modern seeker. The time has come to discard it. The truth was in the Spiritual to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

The physical body of man is not the corpse. that is the mineral aspect of the "Form" which is the physical body sans mineral. The human being displays other bodies in our perception(not only the physical-mineral).

As Paul said"If there was no resurrection all is in vain".
Christ Jesus was the first to resurrect this physical body which previously had been under the Luciferic Illusion which in eastern sight is called "Maya".He stands as example for all of mankind to do the same.