Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just skimming through the comments on the Freakonomics blog. I was both depressed by and encouraged by the number of people who are not convinced that cheating occurred. They may never be convinced, since it takes some thought and good poker knowledge to see it. This is depressing as anything that keeps people from seeing the truth is depressing. It's encouraging because I would hate to see a public overreaction that all online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a person left this comment on digg. "Most claims that online poker is rigged are ridiculous and have no basis in facts. I don't understand how after looking at the hand histories and other relevant info any poker player could try and dispute the claim that cheating has occurred here."

Utterly ridiculous. This is what you call an argument through ignorance. Very annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, the comment you quoted is 100% correct. Maybe you misread the last sentence with it's multiple negatives, but it's not wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, yeah. I misread it.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the email for handhistories idea, because in the NY Times blog he mentions that someone might be a hero at AP and is helping us out by sending the master hand histories. So if you have ever played with any of the suspected accounts, SEND THEM AN EMAIL. We might get lucky again.

[/ QUOTE ]
A confidential source told me that the guy is no longer with the company.

But maybe someone else is willing to send this stuff out.

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, you are saying the guy is no longer with the company as of very recently? And because of this situation? Feel free to not elaborate, you have divulged plenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess...

meanwhile, more breaking news, from sources at AP that will remain nameless:

The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Dugg it. Perhaps we should get it put up on Slashdot as well? (I don't know much about slashdot aside from the fact that they are somewhat similar)

[ QUOTE ]
The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

What. The. [censored]. How deep will this go?

Adanthar: Is it possible to give SL__72 permanent editing rights of the OP so that he can keep adding stuff as it comes up?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the email for handhistories idea, because in the NY Times blog he mentions that someone might be a hero at AP and is helping us out by sending the master hand histories. So if you have ever played with any of the suspected accounts, SEND THEM AN EMAIL. We might get lucky again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, you are saying the guy is no longer with the company as of very recently? And because of this situation? Feel free to not elaborate, you have divulged plenty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

head asplode

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know when it happened. I have a lot of people emailing me info, but not all of it is complete. A lot of them work for AP or live in Costa Rica, so they don't want to expose themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a wild guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:51 PM

Also some pure speculation as to a motive, if you have Scott posting thousands of msgs on sportsbetting forums, maybe he has a bad habit of overbetting or was on a bad streak during times he decided to essentially raid ppls poker accounts.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:51 PM

edited some posts because Tom Scott != Scott Tom, ldo
Closed Thread